• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7WSM primer question

Daniel Barham

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2006
Pine Hall, NC
Been running RL22 with 215M, Winchester brass and 180 Berger. Is anybody having better results with non-magnum primers in the WSM.
Thanks,
Dan

Re: 7WSM primer question

I use 210Ms and they work fine. Wolf also works well too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been running RL22 with 215M, Winchester brass and 180 Berger. Is anybody having better results with non-magnum primers in the WSM.
Thanks,
Dan </div></div>

Are you having bad results with that combo?

Try the CCI250's aswell they are not as hot as the Fed215 so they are generaly a bit better but the CCI BR2's are realy good aswell. Just use the primer that gives you a good result the CCI250s a good primer to try i use it in my F Class loads with a modified 7mm WSM.

Well this doesnt sound good. I got my hands on 2000 215M's to use for my 7WSM, thats all I could get. I hope it works good for me with H4831SC

Ive been shooting the 210m and they work just fine.

I've got some CCI BR2's and Russian primers that I could try.
Just trying to figure out some wierd issues. I don't think one of them is load related. Will test that theory later today.

I never shoot Magnum primers in anything but my 330 and my Chey-Tac's. 210's and 200 CCI's have powered them all. Oh I forgot I used to shoot 91/2M through my 300win. mag.
GOD bless,
Mac's

What kind of issues? I am running into my own issues too with my WSM. It's throwing flyers and when I measured my throat it has grown since it was new by around 70-80 thou, which is excessive IMO. Only 4-500 rounds down the tube. Some loads would be put 3 rounds into a single hole with some flyers an inch or 2 out and some loads won't group any better then 3".

Are any of you accurizing your brass?

Since Win is the only brass available, Im going to

Anneal
Uniform primer pocket
Deburr flash hole
Neck turn to make the neck uniform
Chamfor the case mouth
and Weight sort them

Untill Lapua makes 7WSM brass, Ill be doing all of the above to any new brass shot from my 7WSM.

It was shooting 1/4 to 1/2" groups without doing half of that. Winchester brass isn't that bad.

I like to eliminate all variables, so when I get a bad group I know its the nut behind the trigger and not my components.

Shoot my rifle joe, and see how full lengh sized brass, powder and bullets do........... I shot a 5 shot group at the APS match 1/4 no issues... Never wanted to waiste that much time loading but instead SHOOT!

Adam, with the shortage of components, and my "Major Score" of the pumpkin set, I need to keep busy and cant make it to the range every day. Remember, I am also married and the wife is pregnant with out 2nd baby so I cant make it to the range 3 times a week like before. Im lucky if I go once every 2 weeks.

So all that crap is to keep me busy while Im at home and make me feel better when Im at the range knowing that Im shooting BR quality rounds.