• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7x46mm ARC

KM375

SSG
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
VA.
Does anyone have any info on this cartridge? Any of the big names even thought about building an AR in this caliber?

Re: 7x46mm ARC

Its an intermediate cartridge 7x46 UAIC or ARC designed by a USAMU guy without any restraints, it is supposed to be an intermediate round that will cover the infantry half Kilometer. It is supposed to be a cartridge that fits the bill between the 5.56 and 7.62 better ballistics than the 6.8 spc, 6.5 Grendel, 5.56, and 7.62.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19936

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about a 6.8 SPC? necked to 7mm

</div></div>
6.8 was designed by the same guy, but with the constraints that it had to fit in existing ARs the 7X46 ARC is not held to those restraints.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how about a 6.8 SPC? necked to 7mm

</div></div>

This was done during the development of the 6.8. The 7mm proved to have better terminal ballistics but a mediocre trajectory. The 6.8 was chosen as a compromise between terminal performance and trajectory. I personally like the 7X47(6) idea, it's just that there is no intermediate sized platform on the market. And if I'm going with a .308 sized action I may as well get a .308, 7mm-08, or 6.5Creedmore. LWRC was showing off a proprietary lower designed to take Polymer 6.8 mags, that lower or somethin similar may be the answer if we can get an extra .18-.22" in overall length in the mag.