• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

8.6 BLK Build?

DocGlenn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2006
North Georgia
I recently got to shoot a Fix in 8.6 and really liked the round. A Fix with a can is about $4500. Cool rifle, but I was thinking I could build one for a lot less, but I've never built a bolt rifle. I can get a 12" Remage barrel from Faxon, a chassis from anyone, and I have a can that will work. I'm not sure about the receiver though. I think I would like something with a 20 MOA integrated rail, maybe?
Which receiver you recommend for an 8.6 build? I'd like something that is lighter. Would a CA receiver be a decent choice?
Thanks!
Glenn

I recently got to shoot a Fix in 8.6 and really liked the round. A Fix with a can is about $4500. Cool rifle, but I was thinking I could build one for a lot less, but I've never built a bolt rifle. I can get a 12" Remage barrel from Faxon, a chassis from anyone, and I have a can that will work. I'm not sure about the receiver though. I think I would like something with a 20 MOA integrated rail, maybe?
Which receiver you recommend for an 8.6 build? I'd like something that is lighter. Would a CA receiver be a decent choice?
Thanks!
Glenn
I did a Sig Cross in 8.6 and its definitely under 9 lbs with suppressor and scope. I’m going to order up a carbon fiber barrel from Mos-Tek in 1:6.5 twist.

Total with Suppressor: $3660

Attachments

• IMG_5585.jpeg
    IMG_5585.jpeg
    630.2 KB · Views: 138