• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

8.6 BLK headspace question?

Since the parent case is the 6.5 CM I can think of one idea

A.) use virgin brass and mod to case dimensions below and use the old painters tape or shim stock as the No-Go. Load a mid to max sub load for pressure testing and give it hell.

That’s my plan. I just ordered a 16”.

Link to case dimensions.

What would be a good muzzle device for this sucker? The thread pitch is m18x1.5 with a 20 degree shoulder. The cherry bomb is not out yet. I would like to have a quick detached for a future suppressor.

It would. I would probably get Omega 36M, but not sure what would be best for this caliber.

I see the Omega 36M is rated for 308/7.62 at 16 inches of barrel. I will be using a 12 inch barrel. I need to do some more research for subs and supers on the ammo.

Last edited:
Well the pistol is built.
Christensen Arms Receiver
Faxon Barrel
Timney Trigger
JTAC Screeching Owl Chassis

Need to get an optic and muzzle device.

Screeching Owl.jpg

The m18x1.5 thread pitch is limited to Q Cherry Bomb (not release yet), Surefire, and Dead Air. I was hoping the Dead Air Xeno, but doesn't look like it. I guess I could go with KeyMo on a Dead Air Primal.

The m18x1.5 thread pitch is limited to Q Cherry Bomb (not release yet), Surefire, and Dead Air. I was hoping the Dead Air Xeno, but doesn't look like it. I guess I could go with KeyMo on a Dead Air Primal.
Silencerco has m18x1.5 thread pitch brakes for their ASR system.