• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

8.6BLK Suppressor HELP

DRWilson

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2023
I own a CGS Hekate. First, does anyone know how to get a hold of them? They have not been the best at getting back to me or my rifle builder. I have taken this to the range twice and my gun builder once. ALL 3 times, after the range session, sand pours out of the suppressor (the titanium inside is disintegrating). No joke. And the rifle without the barrel sends groups the size of a quarter at 100yds. With the suppressor, 20". Again, not an exaggeration. Just trying to troubleshoot this. I am curious what suppressors everyone is using on their bold guns 8.6blk? thx for any and all help I can get.

• Wow
Reactions: kthomas
I've been running Porq Chops and Short Chops on bolt and gas guns without any issues. Something serious is going wrong with that CGS combo.
Exactly!
I am putting it in the mail to Cgs tomorrow. I don’t know what can be done but they will take care of it.

Forget about getting a response from GGS. I had questions before buying a Hyperion and they never responded to my emails. Still bought the can though.

As for the "sand" coming out of the suppressor, it's probably the same Titanium DLC particles left over from the printing process that Hyperion owners have been complaining about on Reddit. Supposedly CGS has stopped doing the final cleaning step on the suppressors before shipping them out. Why, no one knows. I haven't had the problem, but others that have recommend rinsing the can under running water for several minutes to flush the debris out. Knock the can on a hard surface to loosen stuff and repeat until no more dust is seen. Hopefully that's all your seeing and not something more serious.

Reactions: DRWilson
I hope that’s the reason for causing the bullet to act wildly when that suppressor is attached but it doesn’t seem like it is. We shall see.

I hope that’s the reason for causing the bullet to act wildly when that suppressor is attached but it doesn’t seem like it is. We shall see.
Let us know what you find out because this problem seems to be effecting several CGS models.

With your groups opening up that much, I would suggest double checking if the suppressor is concentric with the rifle bore. Good chance the bullets might be swiping the endcap or just close enough to mess with the accuracy.

Reactions: DRWilson