• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

8 of Diamonds and Snake Eyes=New GAP Rifle

Hasgun Willtravel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Ionia County, MI
Attended ASC fall match and had an introduction to .308. I have never shot this caliber, believe it or not, started shooting 6.5 calibers and never looked back.

Dinner came Saturday night, followed by the prize table, two terrific treats. I drew the 8 or Diamonds, and was about 9-10 down in the list to roll the dice. Double Sixes took the FNH rifle package, along with a sweet USO ST10, fully loaded MIL/MIL and snake eyes took the GAP. Earnest from GAP got the lucky roll, about 5th person to roll. He rolled double sixes and scored. It went 5 rotations through all the shooters, and came back to me, and luck shined and rolled snake eyes.

I am going to take a try at airbrushing duracoat 8 of Diamonds and snake eyes under the palm swell of this, thought it was meaningfull and a good story piece.

Without further ramblings here she is. Thanks Earnest and Josh from GAP along with of course Moon and George for allowing this to come down the pipe. Thanks a ton guys, a GAP rifle has always been a bit out of reach, but now I have two things I never thought I would have, a GAP....and a .308. Now I have somehting to compete in the traditional FALL ASC .308 only match!!!! I am absolutelt speechless about the rifle. Its killer! Manners T5 stock, ADL BM, and finley fluted, Bartlien barrel, if Earnest remembered correctly. Can not wait to shoot it this weekend.

DSC02809.jpg

DSC02808small.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

Re: 8 of Diamonds and Snake Eyes=New GAP Rifle

I realize there's some gorgeous country in the backdrop as well as a fantastic rifle somewhere in the picture but right now all I'm seeing is green envy!

Very cool, congratulations!

Congrats. Some times it pays to be lucky rather than good
smile.gif

Nice rolling there champ! Now...watcha gonna do for glass?!!

Seneca Rocks, WV is perhaps the most gorgeous country I have ever seen, with a possible exception to northers Washington State, I was privledged enough to shoot a match up there this spring. Snow capped mountains is something quite out of my recconing, being a Michigan flat lander.

Here are a couple more pics of the country side.

DSC02766.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

DSC02799.jpg

DSC02783.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rolling there champ! Now...watcha gonna do for glass?!!</div></div>

I got a deal worked out with my buddy to swap a build for a high end AR I am going to hock to get one of the ASC marked USO ST10. Not what I would make as my first choice, but pretty good glass, I loved the EREK knob, and all around thought it a very fine scope. Also, its a sentimentel thing. Shot with it at ASC, its marked with the ASC logo as you know, and thought it a fitting tribute for the rifle. I had not problems with the glass and 10x was plety of magnification for all shots, from 400 yards to 1200 yards. NO complaints at all.

Nick

Good deal Nick,joining the 308 from ASC club, but you need to stand a little closer to the razor in the mornings,or are you planning that Taliban look for the fall collection.

Guess we will see ya in January.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good deal Nick,joining the 308 from ASC club, but you need to stand a little closer to the razor in the mornings,or are you planning that Taliban look for the fall collection.

Guess we will see ya in January.</div></div>

I have sliced out shaving cream and razors out of my budget, and can afford to shoot appoximately 600 more rounds of ammo a year.
smile.gif

I am trying to get down to that Mammoth challenge, but not sure how its going to go....shooting the Bash in December, and it might not work out, but we will see. Maybe Brad and Yourself can give me a clinic.
wink.gif

Nice rifle and congratulations in the roll of the dice! I just opened a save account to get my first custom build, but its gonna take about a year to save. Now I just have to decide between Tac Ops or GAP, which is going to be a really hard decision because they are both really nice.

COngrats on the win of the rifle. That's awesome.. Nice pics as well..

No go shoot the rifle and give us a report back..

I thought I recognized those pictures. A good friend of mine owns property right there. Probably in the Valley you are in. Don't forget to throw a few flies into Seneca Creek. I imagine that is exactly where you are at. And there is also some fantastic trout fishing at the base of those rocks. But then I figure you already knew that.

I have been there many many many times.

And a fantastic run of luck on that rifle. Tom.

Hey Nick, I'll trade you a Superior Grill Cougar for that rifle, penicillin not included
wink.gif
Congrats on the roll.

Congrats again on winning the rifle Nick. It seems only fitting that someone that doesn't already own a .308, be the lucky one to take it home. Hope you enjoy it and let us know how it shoots for you.

Josh

Trust me, move the fuck out of Michigan, oh and nice stick Nick

Nice rifle. Welcome to the club of winners who can never win another rifle at ASC. (there would be a "smiley" here if I knew how to do it)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Nick, I'll trade you a Superior Grill Cougar for that rifle, penicillin not included
wink.gif
Congrats on the roll.
</div></div>

No penecillian, no deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmann20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats again on winning the rifle Nick. It seems only fitting that someone that doesn't already own a .308, be the lucky one to take it home. Hope you enjoy it and let us know how it shoots for you.

Josh</div></div>

Thanks to you my friend, and the gerosity of all the boys at GAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trust me, move the fuck out of Michigan, oh and nice stick Nick</div></div>

No shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle. Do you get to Midland sportsman club to shoot at their 600 yard range often?</div></div>

No. I get up that way for work at least two to three times a week, but have never shot up there. Invite me some time!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle. Welcome to the club of winners who can never win another rifle at ASC. (there would be a "smiley" here if I knew how to do it)</div></div>

LOL!! Thats just fine with me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice rifle. Do you get to Midland sportsman club to shoot at their 600 yard range often?</div></div>

No. I get up that way for work at least two to three times a week, but have never shot up there. Invite me some time![/quote]

Will do. They have a couple of matches coming up soon.

Congratulations on the roll! Helluva match momento and the plan you have is very cool.

ASC and a few others are on my short list, and hopefully I can make that happen next go around!

Sweet stick! Wish i had luck lik that!

I love it! I'm building a stick right now that will have a T5A and a Badger floorplate. Can you post more pictures PLEASE!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Attended ASC fall match and had an introduction to .308. I have never shot this caliber, believe it or not, started shooting 6.5 calibers and never looked back.

Dinner came Saturday night, followed by the prize table, two terrific treats. I drew the 8 or Diamonds, and was about 9-10 down in the list to roll the dice. Double Sixes took the FNH rifle package, along with a sweet USO ST10, fully loaded MIL/MIL and snake eyes took the GAP. Earnest from GAP got the lucky roll, about 5th person to roll. He rolled double sixes and scored. It went 5 rotations through all the shooters, and came back to me, and luck shined and rolled snake eyes.

I am going to take a try at airbrushing duracoat 8 of Diamonds and snake eyes under the palm swell of this, thought it was meaningfull and a good story piece.

Without further ramblings here she is. Thanks Earnest and Josh from GAP along with of course Moon and George for allowing this to come down the pipe. Thanks a ton guys, a GAP rifle has always been a bit out of reach, but now I have two things I never thought I would have, a GAP....and a .308. Now I have somehting to compete in the traditional FALL ASC .308 only match!!!! I am absolutelt speechless about the rifle. Its killer! Manners T5 stock, ADL BM, and finley fluted, Bartlien barrel, if Earnest remembered correctly. Can not wait to shoot it this weekend.

DSC02809.jpg

DSC02808small.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

DSC02805.jpg
</div></div>

Lemme know how you like that Manners T5 stock. Im thinking about purchasing the T5A and would like to see what everyone thinks about that thumbhole stock.

So far, I love the Manners T5. I have been shooting an AICS for about 2 years, and said I would never use another stock. Well, I wasnt sure about the stock when I first started playing with it. However, its extremely comfortable, and feels very familiar. I think I can get my trigger hand back into position faster than on my chassis, it may be me, but I really like the stock.

With Medium Rings, my 56mm Nightforce sits barely above the barrel, and with a stock pack on there, its a perfect height. When the ST10 gets here, I will have to play around with it a little more, but I love the rig, its a balls on hammer too.

The fit and finish of the action to the stock is immaculate. The guys down at GAP earn their take home. Everything about this rifle is clean.

Would I reccomend a T5, hell yes....over and AICS....not sure yet, but I will not say no.

Lucky dude she will serve u well.Pop some caps and post some groups.