• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

87 v max dasher

Smokin7s

Lawyer, Astronaut, Pathological Liar
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2020
Oklahoma
I’m looking for people who have run the 87 grain VMAX in a six dasher I already have brass dyes primers powder etc. for a Dasher so I was thinking about having a light hunting barrel done just to kill coyotes with. Does anybody have any experience with it? What speeds were you able to get?

I’m looking for people who have run the 87 grain VMAX in a six dasher I already have brass dyes primers powder etc. for a Dasher so I was thinking about having a light hunting barrel done just to kill coyotes with. Does anybody have any experience with it? What speeds were you able to get?
I haven’t spent a ton of time messing around with it, but I’ve played with the 90 GMX in my Dasher. I used my normal 105 load so I’m sure it could be pushed faster but 32gr Varget got me ~3,150fps. It shoots great, gets pushed around a little bit more than the 105 or 109 but honestly barely noticeable out to 650yds which was the furthest I shot it.

I haven’t spent a ton of time messing around with it, but I’ve played with the 90 GMX in my Dasher. I used my normal 105 load so I’m sure it could be pushed faster but 32gr Varget got me ~3,150fps. It shoots great, gets pushed around a little bit more than the 105 or 109 but honestly barely noticeable out to 650yds which was the furthest I shot it.
That would be a pretty good starting point what brass are you using?