• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 870 problems need help

jacq220

Sergeant
Minuteman
took apart my 870... cleaned... put it back together... wouldnt feed rounds... took it apart again found nothing differant made sure all the parts were present and where they were supposed to be using a brownells schematic... put it back together... now the front trigger pin wont slide through it apears that part # 89 is slipping forward when i put the trigger group back in and wont let the pin through... also the trigger group seems to have quite a bit more resistance when reinserting it than i recall...
whats wrong with my gun?!

here is a link to the schematics to see part #89

870 Schematic

Re: 870 problems need help

Your Shell Latches have come unstaked

Its a 10 min job, I cant say for certain that they have the staking tool there at the shop, but I bet Russ Elmore could take care of you real quick.

If he cant, PM me and perhaps I can bring my tools up there and do it for you, but I really, really expect that one of the folks there will have the tools

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psywar1-0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your Shell Latches have come unstaked

Its a 10 min job, I cant say for certain that they have the staking tool there at the shop, but I bet Russ Elmore could take care of you real quick.

If he cant, PM me and perhaps I can bring my tools up there and do it for you, but I really, really expect that one of the folks there will have the tools </div></div>

THANK YOU for the offer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fixed it... one of the action bars was slightly bent... bent it back straight and everything works well now. </div></div>

I was just going to tell you this. Same thing happened to me last year. Started to get worried as i had a good hunt the next morning, but once bent straight it was back to normal agin.

I have had problems with the action bars getting hung up on the shell latches and from the looks of it if i were to try to force it in instead of pressing the latch, I would bend a shell latch or an action bar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JACQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psywar1-0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your Shell Latches have come unstaked

If he cant, PM me and perhaps I can bring my tools up there and do it for you, but I really, really expect that one of the folks there will have the tools </div></div>

THANK YOU for the offer. </div></div>

No problem, I used to wear a CY on my shoulder myself, mine had a birdshit and fools tab above it ROFL

Since you have been overseas, you should think about trying out for the LRSC, its only 3 more weeks at Benning.......

grin.gif