• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes .885 rings over MTU contour setup?

Tangodown911

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2008
West metro Atlanta, GA
I already have a set of NF ultralite .885 rings and a NXS 5.5x22x50. I will be using the sunshade and Butler Creek Scope covers. Going to be putting this setup on a Surgeon 591 action mounted to an MTU contoured Krieger. I'm starting to think the .885s are going to be too short. Problem is the action and barrl are on order thus I can't actually peice it together for evalution. Anyone else have a similar setup or knows what is the shortest possible ring I can use? Can anybody shed some light on this?

Re: .885 rings over MTU contour setup?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tangodown911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I already have a set of NF ultralite .885 rings and a NXS 5.5x22x50. I will be using the sunshade and Butler Creek Scope covers. Going to be putting this setup on a Surgeon 591 action mounted to an MTU contoured Krieger. I'm starting to think the .885s are going to be too short. Problem is the action and barrl are on order thus I can't actually peice it together for evalution. Anyone else have a similar setup or knows what is the shortest possible ring I can use? Can anybody shed some light on this? </div></div>

I have that <span style="font-weight: bold">same scope and rings </span>on a Surgeon RSR w/20moa mount and Krieger HVR contour barrel (close to the MTU). With the sunshade installed, you cannot slide the NF rubber cover on the sunshade. The BC lens cover would be a too tight of a fit on my rifle.

FWIW and my $.02

Thanks. I guess I'll definately need the 1.00" rings...dang. Oh well, gives me a reason to scroll the net and find a good deal on some.

The Badger Ordnance USMC DMR (1.031") rings work perfect with a Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NXS and 26" Bartlein #7 MTU contour bbl. 20 MOA base on Rem700 L/A.

Leaves just enough room but not too much.