• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

943 shot on vid

lovdasnow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2006
here is a clip for ya guys. it was my first shot of the day, cold bore. 300rum, kreiger, jewell, badger, nightforce, hs, etc, etc.... shooting 185vld's over RL25.

long shot

Re: 943 shot on vid

ya at the shooting position i had a bit of wind from right to left, so i held 1/2 moa right for wind, and hit that spot, should have just held shoulder.

i think that was the first time i actually held to much for wind. usually it's the other way around.

thanks for the comments guys.

Very nice indeed!! Can't beat a first round, cold bore shot from almost a grand that results in a clean take-down like that.

Out of curiosity, what kind of MV and ME are you getting with your 185gr VLD load? I have shot the 210gr VLDs from my 300WM with great success, but I am curious how much you can get out of the 185gr VLDs. Looks like they still hit like a sledgehammer at almost 1k!!

to match my drops i have them in my ballistic program at 3350 fps.
it also says it has 4481 FPE at the muzzle. and 1415 FPE at 943 yds

love seeing the shockwave / trajectory right up to the goat. That is a great vid.

Nice shot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovdasnow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">to match my drops i have them in my ballistic program at <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">3350 fps</span></span>.
it also says it has <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">4481 FPE</span></span> at the muzzle. and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">1415 FPE at 943 yds</span></span> </div></div>

YIKES!! I guess it is time to give the 185s a shot (pun intended)!
wink.gif

hell of a video, and not to bad of a shot either......

Sick video. Love the Vapor trail.

Very nice, perfect shot, were you aiming for a high shoulder shot? Nice shot.