• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$95,000 Russian AKM

So am misunderstanding something here? Is it a replica of the original? Rebuilt by POH?

No, I think you got it right, I do believe from what I read it is essentially a parts kit gun. It's a new semi-auto receiver plus the parts from the former form 10 rifle.

$950.00 and 10000% sentimental value surcharge.

And if it wasn't for the movie, no one would know who Charlie Wilson was. Now if this was Babe Ruths AK-47 then the price would be justifiable. :)

I can understand the slightly historical value of that rifle but Charlie Wilson's AKM was a gift and not used to combat the Ruskies, at least by him. Maybe if it were Ahmad Massoud's, "Lion of Panjshir" AKM then that price could be justified. Thinking about that makes me wonder what happened to UBL's AK. Last I heard it was in some secret CIA museum?

Don't old, collectors firearms jump up in value significantly if they still fire? Can't imagine what this would be "worth" if it could. I guess we'll never know

Don't old, collectors firearms jump up in value significantly if they still fire? Can't imagine what this would be "worth" if it could. I guess we'll never know

I would imagine that it can still fire. It looks like "rebuilt by POH" really means that the original gun was demilled and rebuilt on a semi-auto US receiver...which also means they needed to take 922(r) into account so it is even less original than implied.

I remember this being listed a few months ago. I wonder why the rebuilt it into a title 1 gun. Probably would have been worth more. Not to mention any pick up ak would be worth more to me than some rifle gifted to a politition. Unrealistic price, but some people pay stupid prices for stupid things.

I would imagine that it can still fire. It looks like "rebuilt by POH" really means that the original gun was demilled and rebuilt on a semi-auto US receiver...which also means they needed to take 922(r) into account so it is even less original than implied.

So did they mill out the stuff described in box 3h? It says they epoxied the trigger, bolt, and barrel shut as well as removed the firing pin. Was that only on the original gun?

It seems if the ATF considered it a machinegun (box 3b) they'd shit a brick if someone brought it back into a serviceable condition. I know they may have done so as a semi-auto, but my understanding is if the ATF labels a serial number a machine gun, you gotta do some paperwork to remove that title.

So did they mill out the stuff described in box 3h? It says they epoxied the trigger, bolt, and barrel shut as well as removed the firing pin. Was that only on the original gun?

It seems if the ATF considered it a machinegun (box 3b) they'd shit a brick if someone brought it back into a serviceable condition. I know they may have done so as a semi-auto, but my understanding is if the ATF labels a serial number a machine gun, you gotta do some paperwork to remove that title.

Only a guess here, but I would imagine they destroyed the original receiver per ATF demil specs. The one in the pictures is a US made and marked semi-auto receiver and is not original in any way. I don't know how they handled the barrel or bcg. I'd be curious to know just how this was put together and how many pieces are actually original. Also, it looks like it was refinished by Mario as well...
Not that it's worth the money to me, but it's a nice soviet kit.