• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

95gr Berger VLD loads........

overgunned

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2007
The real world
Looking for some for my 243. If I had some R-17 on hand, it would be my first choice. I don't. Am thinking IMR 4350 or maybe even AA3100. Interested in any good loads.........

Re: 95gr Berger VLD loads........

I use H414, 41.5 gr, and get 3055 fps from a factory Savage 12 BVSS with a 26 inch barrel. It eats steel for lunch inside of 400yds. I have made more than 1 believer of the .243 with this combo.

41 grains of Winchester 760 worked amazing for me. Also, I got best groups being .01" off the lands. This was my first VLD load, and I did not expect to get good accuracy from them being off the lands like that.

Chrono showed 3000 on a 22" Douglass XX.

2 quick loads for you.... with the 90 swift scirricos

38.3 grs of rl-15 or
40.2 grs of rl-15 gets me great accuracy sorry didnt have any loads with the powder you asked about....but have had good luck with imr-4350 in the past but no data at hand...

I do have a few Sciroccos around. Never could get them to fly well out of my 6-06. Lots of R-15 on hand. Thanks.......

Would the R-17 be better utilized with the heavier, 105-115gr bullets in this caliber. I was under the impression that was the situation R-17 was intended for and didn't live up to it's potential with the lighter classes of bullets within a given caliber.