• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

95smk Stability question

STI_1911_Guy

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Michigan
At the time i bought my criterion remage 22 creedmoor they only had 1:7 twists so thats what I got. I want to try the 95 sierra matchking which is recommended to have a 1:6.5 twist. I should launch them out of the 26" barrel at about 3200-3250fps given what i have from the 90 grain bullets. Has anybody ran the 95smk in a 1:7 twist?

You should be fine. I am running a gain twist barrel that starts a little over 7 and ends up a little below 7. My velocities are under 2800 fps. With your speed, you may be in a sweet spot.

JFR

Last edited:
Reactions: STI_1911_Guy
Did Sierra discontinue them?
I liked them in my 1:7” .22BR at 2850.

Some member (can’t remember which thread) mentioned Sierra stated they’d be making a run some point in the near future.

At the time i bought my criterion remage 22 creedmoor they only had 1:7 twists so thats what I got. I want to try the 95 sierra matchking which is recommended to have a 1:6.5 twist. I should launch them out of the 26" barrel at about 3200-3250fps given what i have from the 90 grain bullets. Has anybody ran the 95smk in a 1:7 twist?
Your SG estimate with the Miller Equation is about 1.3 at sea level. It improves with more altitude.

I have 2 6.5 twist 26” Bartlein 5R barrels. They are on two different but similarly built rifles. I would be cautious of using 6.5 twist and trying to push them fast, I had issues with throwing jackets in both rifles. I think I was getting in the 3200-3300 fps range with the 95smk. I had to back it off quite a bit to around 3000fps to keep from throwing jackets. I wish I would have went with 1:7 twist.

I ran them out of a 7T 224V and had no issues with stability as low as 800’ and they were only going like 2425fps. You should have absolutely no problems at 22CM velocities even down to sea level.