• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

9mm AR Conversion

nso123

High Speed Steel Stinger
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2010
Tennessee
I am wanting to do a 9mm AR, and would like to see if there is a reliable conversion kit out there. The reason I would prefer a conversion is that I could use it with my SBR lower.

I have an SBR w/4.5” barrel and 6” Form 1 suppressor. It is just a full time giggle machine!

I have used Hahn and PSA mag well inserts for Colt pattern magazines. Both work equally well. I’ve used both the ones that are semi-permanent, requiring the bolt catch to be re-installed, and the ones that insert from the bottom and use a set screw. Both ran just fine. The current setup is a PSA insert that I’ve run a couple thousands rounds with.

No issues with cheap steel case ammo. Sometimes an issue if my 147 reloads run a bit long.

KAW Valley bolt, and blitzkrieg bufffer system.

By far most fun fun I own!

I went with a CMMG Guard upper and ENdomag inserts to Magpul mags.

Reactions: bfoosh006
Just build a complete SIG brace gun, Glock mags etc. I used a TROS 3 lug barrel and mine is fun as hell and accurate

I am wanting to do a 9mm AR, and would like to see if there is a reliable conversion kit out there. The reason I would prefer a conversion is that I could use it with my SBR lower.

I have not seen a reliable mag conversion at our local matches. Their owners are always fiddling with them to keep them running. Most magblocks use Colt pattern mags which are also a pain in the ass to keep running.

I'd strongly suggest ordering a JP GMR15 pistol and doing an online Form 1. I got my Form 1 back in 7 days and the JP is exactly what I wanted. Glock mags, ultra reliable and extremely easy to shoot. My GMRs are loaned out at matches and run a wide array of ammo. 1 gun is over 100,000 rounds of random 9mm food.

I'd be happy to help you through a build if you're interested.

FB_IMG_1558883136962.jpg

I have not seen a reliable mag conversion at our local matches. Their owners are always fiddling with them to keep them running. Most magblocks use Colt pattern mags which are also a pain in the ass to keep running.

I'd strongly suggest ordering a JP GMR15 pistol and doing an online Form 1. I got my Form 1 back in 7 days and the JP is exactly what I wanted. Glock mags, ultra reliable and extremely easy to shoot. My GMRs are loaned out at matches and run a wide array of ammo. 1 gun is over 100,000 rounds of random 9mm food.

I'd be happy to help you through a build if you're interested.

View attachment 7084227

Interesting, my Colt Pattern 16" PSA , carbine stocked ( with PSA brand magwell insert ) runs like a champ.
I will add... if you use Metalform mags.. be sure to clean the internal surfaces, the protective "oil" will cause all sorts of feeding stutters. The protective "oil" is super sticky, and slows / messes with the followers smooth function.
I should add, my PSA 16"'s bark and blast was tamed quite a bit with a Tubbs .308 recoil spring and a 7.5oz'ish buffer weight.

I polished the feed ramps and the chambers sharp rear shoulder edge. I do enjoy tinkering and tuning firearms.

FWIW, here is chrono data for 129 factory loads fired from it .. YMMV , because of barrel length, but you all can at least see the various velocities.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-/16-712312/?page=1&anc=7429025#i7429025

Any issues with the Endomag inserts ? They seem to good to be true , Lol

Nope. They run 100%. THE BHO works well also. (I got the CMMG Guard upper and the mag inserts that go with it)

They standard upper mag inserts BHO looks flimsy and sketchy.

Problem I had was getting the right buffer / spring / ammo speed to eject properly for 147gr, which recoils / ejects hader. About 880 fps was the sweet spot. Loading your own ammo is a big help.

Factory 115's awlays ran good. Problems begin when you suppress 147's.

Reactions: bfoosh006
Nope. They run 100%. THE BHO works well also. (I got the CMMG Guard upper and the mag inserts that go with it)

They standard upper mag inserts BHO looks flimsy and sketchy.

Problem I had was getting the right buffer / spring / ammo speed to eject properly for 147gr, which recoils / ejects hader. About 880 fps was the sweet spot. Loading your own ammo is a big help.

Factory 115's awlays ran good. Problems begin when you suppress 147's.

Good news, Thank You.