• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

9mm carbine loads

smokshwn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2004
Salt Lake UT
Just got a 9mm AR upper and was hunting around looking for a good load. I would like to hear what you guys are using...please include muzzle velocities if you have them.

Thanks, Craig

Re: 9mm carbine loads

Im running 6.8 grains of HS-6 in my Glock pushing a 115 IMI diecut jacketed hollow point.

Out of all the carbines that I have seen at the range I would have to say that a round nose bullet fed the best. Most of the ones that choked were on flat nose bullets.

This is my Olympic Arms 9mm upper. I feed it 115 gr. FMJ (round nose), 5.7grs W-231 at 1430 fps. When I leave it out for home defense purposes, I load the magazines with 124 gr hollow points at 1390 fps. It cuts ragged holes at 25 yds

100_0082.jpg

I run 3.4gr of Titegroup with a 147gr Precision Delta bullet in Winchester cases. No idea on the speed but they are quiet in my suppressed setup.

-X

Hey danrodder,do you have any issues with W-231?Have you shot severl hundred rounds at a time between cleanings?231 got really dirty in my 1911,and I opted to go to Clays instead.I'm curious how an AR gas system takes it.

biggjake, no issues with W-231. Works great in my 9's, .40, .45's. I have run my 9mm carbine past 600 rds. without cleaning, very reliable but your confused, these are not gas operated, they are blowback.

115 gr. JHP, 5 gr. universal clays for a varmint load (skunks and the like).
147 gr. jhp, 3.5 gr. UC for subsonic load in the 1000fps area.