• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

9mm glock 19, lone wolf barrel, Missouri bullet company 125 small ball ?

leatherman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Ok I have searched the reloading thread and handgun thread, but can't find what I'm looking for. Looking for help with case overall length, using the Missouri Bullet Company's 124grn small ball cast bullet. Shooting out of a glock 19 with LoneWolf barrel. I made up some dummy rounds to check bullet seating depth, by seating the bullets until they would drop into the chamber, to make sure they would cycle, ie close lock, and eject. My case overall length has been from 1.010 to 1.025 so far.

Have any of you 9mm glock fans loaded this bullet and what have your case overall length been and charge weight been, running Winchester brass, W 231, unique powder. This case overall length just seems to short and I do not want over pressure.

Not new to reloading, just new to this cal. My 45 is a whole lot easier.

Thanks Leatherman

Are they .356 diameter? I load that bullet with 4.7 grains of Unique to a COAL of 1.140". The only time I have gone shorter was with .358" bullets.
What is your powder charge?

Skullybones,

Thanks for the reply, yes they are the .356 diameter, 124 grain Small Ball bullets. Are you shooting them out of a Lone Wolf barrel? no problems? will have to give the COAL of 1.140a try, I thought mine were just a little short. The Lyman 49 dook doesnt even show the 125 or 115 cast, go figure. So far I havent tried a powder charge yet, was going to start at 3.5 and work up.

I have run them in a friends lone wolf barrel with good results. I have loaded up to 6.0 grains unique with no pressure signs. They were a bit too rowdy, and impacted high. 9mm is pretty easy to load for, especially unique powder. Any charge worthy of blowing up the Glock will be spilling powder out of the case.

Awesome. Thank you, will check the bullet dia this evening, I ordered .356 if that's what came in, I will try the 1.140 COAL and give you a report on them. Gonna get some 115 from them as well

Load to mag length, 1.130 is what I use in my G35 with 40s and 9mm KKM conversion barrel, if these are black(moly coated) bullets make sure you are applying a good bell to the cases as not to sheer off the coating, DO NOT crimp with a Lee Factory Crimp Die, reason why the sizing ring resizes the bullet which is bad for accuracy, I load 124s either black bullets or plated bullets with 4.2 grains of Solo 1000.

Ok just tried COAL of 1.140 would not function, actually jammed in and locked barrel and slide. Got that free, tried 1.130, same thing. But I did find that it would chamber and fully function at 1.055. Yes checked the bullet dia. And they are spot on .356. So back to the drawing board, thanks guys for responding

I found that when I switched out my stock barrel for my lone wolf in my G17, I had to reduce COL to about 1.025 for reliable feeding and ejecting. Those chambers seem to be quite a bit tighter than stock and the feed ramp may not be quite as forgiving. I use dardas hard cast .356 diameter 125 gr round nose projectiles over 3.8 grains of titegroup, crimped but not overly so. I think they chrono'd in the 1050 fps range if I remember correctly.

Skully Bones, I disagree about your opinion about overcharging a 9mm case in a glock. 8.4 grains of titegroup will not overflow a case and will most definitely cause you some trouble at the range. Don't ask how I know that.

Last edited: