• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 9MM out of a 30 Cal suppressor?

Night Assassin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
thompson
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm debating on purchasing a 9mm AR pistol and was wondering if I could use my 30 cal can?

Like listed above. 9mm is up to .358.

It’s a no go if you want a modular pistol suppressor get a .45 can.

I can not believe how often this question comes up. To put it another way. 30 cal (.300") = 7.62 mm.
You can how ever physically use a 9 mm can on a 30 cal. The 9 mm can may not handle full power 30 (308, 300WM), you would have to check with the manufacture.

To be fair to OP the Silencer Co Omega 9K is rated to sub sonic 300 BO.
OP asked if 9mm can be shot out of a 30 Cal can, which it cannot. It can work the other way around since 9mm is larger than 30 Cal. So the bore diameter can handle the 300 blackout, it's just a question of whether it can handle the pressure.

OP asked if 9mm can be shot out of a 30 Cal can, which it cannot. It can work the other way around since 9mm is larger than 30 Cal. So the bore diameter can handle the 300 blackout, it's just a question of whether it can handle the pressure.

Well, look at you making sense and stuff. I was always curious about the 300 BO in a 9 mm can and never thought about the opposite, so I now see the error in my logic.

I mean you could try???? (J/k don't do that)

I haven't been able to bring my can home from jail yet, but aren't the holes in the can over sized by a good bit? I'm not saying by that much. Just wondering???

I can not believe how often this question comes up. To put it another way. 30 cal (.300") = 7.62 mm.
You can how ever physically use a 9 mm can on a 30 cal. The 9 mm can may not handle full power 30 (308, 300WM), you would have to check with the manufacture.
Actually, .30 caliber is anywhere from .300 to .311 diameter depending on the original spec of the cartridge. Most all modern .30 calibers use .308" diameter bullets. I think 7.62x39 uses .310 diameter bullets.