• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

9mm powder

I had a couple pounds of Titegroup and my friends watching say its a pretty smoky load.

I did find out the Canik will function reliably all the way down to 2.8gr using those 147 poly's.

Thanks for the info guys!

Reactions: abn31c
I shoot jacketed bullets only in 9mm .. 50 gr to 185gr. Buy in bulk they are cheap, no blue or red bullets with polymer jackets or cast lead used.
No problems, with any powders.

I shoot jacketed bullets only in 9mm .. 50 gr to 185gr. Buy in bulk they are cheap, no blue or red bullets with polymer jackets or cast lead used.
Where might a guy find 185 jacketed 9mm
AFAF.....

Where might a guy find 185 jacketed 9mm
AFAF.....
I resized Hornady 200 gr .358 bullets and cut them to length to in the lathe collet to fit 9mm COAL. A 185 gr 9mm used to be available from the factory in the Shell Shok line of bimetal cases.Their hybrid cases of aluminum and SS head. Cases available for handloading, in 9mm and 300 blkout were ooffered.
I'm running 155 gr FMJ at 1200 fps in the AR, 2640 fps 50 gr copper, in a 16" and 1720 fps for 115gr shooting steel at 200 yds, in the shorter barrel that is no longer, with all the AR pistol and braces controversy.
But 165 gr copper plated are available, and 2000 fps available in factory 50gr copper pistol loads.
So I have lately went to the AR for 9mm and 380 pistol for plinking fun. All jacketed bullets.

I resized Hornady 200 gr .358 bullets and cut them to length to in the lathe collet to fit 9mm COAL. A 185 gr 9mm used to be available from the factory in the Shell Shok line of bimetal cases.Their hybrid cases of aluminum and SS head. Cases available for handloading, in 9mm and 300 blkout were ooffered.
I'm running 155 gr FMJ at 1200 fps in the AR, 2640 fps 50 gr copper, in a 16" and 1720 fps for 115gr shooting steel at 200 yds, in the shorter barrel that is no longer, with all the AR pistol and braces controversy.
But 165 gr copper plated are available, and 2000 fps available in factory 50gr copper pistol loads.
So I have lately went to the AR for 9mm and 380 pistol for plinking fun. All jacketed bullets.
Damn.....good on you for thinking outside the box. Most of us buy 3 or 4k at a time and squirt em in the dirt. 😂

Damn.....good on you for thinking outside the box. Most of us buy 3 or 4k at a time and squirt em in the dirt. 😂
Yes the 9mm AR fitted with something like a Primary Arms 1-8x griffin mill ACISS is very dangerous at 200 yds, put a good trigger in it and ya may not miss the steel at 200 yds, with a little practice.. especially with +p handloads and longer barrel it has over 700 ft/lbs of muzzle energy. I liked the 10.5" but scrapped that for a 16" and pinned 14.5" and added a stock to comply...
But the idea is a lot of guys today are limited to 200 or 300 yd hometown ranges. Not much of a challenge with a large caliber high power rifle ...
And expensive... With a 9mm AR you can shoot the cheapest ammo you can find, if ya don't reload for performance and still have a lot of fun. Similar to 800 yd or more with your LR rifle...but at the hometown range, a short drive from home , with its limited ranges.
And do not be totally surprised if the AR will sometimes shoot a 3 shot group of 1" at 100 yards ...sometimes...
Yes outside of the box thinking and applying is my shooting specialty.. what I do best ?.LOL..besides heavy bullets and light bullets for over 2600 fps in 9 mm . I also use 9mm bullets in a AR 10 16" 358 Win ...even the light 50 gr copper, cause a local guy wanted a rabbit load for his 358 Win. 500 gr bullets in the 450 Bushmaster and shot shelles for the 450 Bushmaster. Lots of Frankenstein ideas, with a metal lathe and mill...some of them may actually be useful to others.

I don't have a problem with any powders with my coated lead either, but TG is dirty and smoky regardless. Unless you're running comps on the pistols or brakes on the rifles, theres nothing wrong with coated lead and I'm not sure you could get cheaper than bulk coated lead. But I also don't have the AR-9 collection you do so I'm sure my needs aren't as extensive.

Reactions: Kadams1563
As my supply of Alliant Sport Pistol winds down, I have been noticing a lot of good reports about Shooters World Clean Shot. Load data is very close to SP, meters well. and clean burning.

For those concerned with muzzle flash, slower burning powders give off more flash than the faster burning ones. Consult a burn rate chart for the fastest burning powder that will give you the velocity you are after to minimize muzzle flash. Less muzzle flash makes for a softer recoil since you have less of a rocket effect pushing back on the muzzle.