• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

9mm Pressure Sign?

mbeavers1

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2019
Montgomery, TX
I just started loading for 9mm. I gound a good deal on some Lovex d032-03. Its supposed to be a very versatile (but fast) 9mm powder for all bullet weights. I grabbed some 147gr Everglades bullets and looked up some data. Lovex had load data for everything except 147 (115gr - 153gr). I picked 3.1gr which is on the bottom end of the 153gr range (2.9 - 3.4gr) and loaded at the recommended 1.125" length.

They shot great out of my 9mm PCC and showed no pressure signs but the primers seemed to be pretty cratered out of my g45.
I am a noob to pistols. Thoughts on these primers?

signal-2023-04-27-16-18-36-628.jpg

Although it looks like high pressure, pre-Gen5 Glocks do this fairly normally, except with a rectangular flow/extrusion. I wouldn't be surprised if the tear drop on a Gen5 Glock is also common, especially considering your mild load.

Set aside some of those primers & compare them as you work up other loads.

That is not high pressure. no way. Certain guns do that. High pressure would not have big rounded edges primer, and the crater in middle would be smaller, not so wide.

Pretty normal looking to me. Watch the edges of the primer. If theyre still rounded it should be fine. If you have a chrono thats the best way to know. Velocity doesnt lie like primers can

It is a gen 5 and shame on me for not realizing the firing pin hole was tear drop shaped!

Also, good to know that I dont have pressure. Those loads shot pretty well and I have 8lbs of it to load with 😬😬.

Pic rail adapter ordered to hook up my magnetospeed. How do I know what velocity to shoot for and what is too much?

Last edited: