• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

9mm reloaders I have a few ?'s

CoCaDoRi

revived old guy
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2001
South Central North Dakota
OK I'm curious as to your performance and accuracy reloads for:

9mm 115gr barnes xp-b bullets.

Data on your:

Brass
Primer
Powder
Velocity results.

TIA!

Re: 9mm reloaders I have a few ?'s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Weda'</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK I'm curious as to your performance and accuracy reloads for:

9mm 115gr barnes xp-b bullets. - <span style="font-weight: bold">FMJ's and XTP's only</span>

Data on your:

Brass - <span style="font-weight: bold">mostly whatever I picked up, but some mil surp "once" fired</span>
Primer - <span style="font-weight: bold">whatever I could get my hands on in the past few months, aka everything in SP on the market</span>
Powder - <span style="font-weight: bold">bullseye, power pistol, blue dot, Ramshot Silohuette, Russian SALUT</span>
Velocity - <span style="font-weight: bold">didn't bother to chronograph them</span>

TIA! </div></div>

I didn't load anything spectactular other than 100 of the 124 XTP's because I used it for practice and plinking. I found that the Ramshot was pretty dirty, bullseye was a little cleaner and blue dot was pretty nice.

The loads for the commercial stuff was just whatever I pulled from the powder manufacturers' websites. I think the Ramshot was somewhere around 5.5 grains or so. The Russian stuff I don't remember, I'll have to look it up. If you have some, I'll go dig out the load.

I shoot it in a Ruger P95, it's not a target pistol in the least so I use it for popping steel at 25-50 yards and some general target practice, which is why I didn't care what brass, primer or velocity I was setup for. Everything got the same load, so I was off the max a little to make sure I didn't cause a problem.

What are you planning to use it in, a carbine would make more sense to me for a detailed load.

I used to shoot a bunch of pistol stuff but that was years ago.

I just wanted a fairly consistent velocity, and decent accuracy.

I'll be shooting a 229.

My focus in on the barnes xp-b bullets but I'll load the 115 fmj's for practice.

Thank you for your input.

I load my 115's with 6.0 of Unique. Load was recommended to me for a general plinking load. I shoot throuh my G17 and Kahr CW9.

Just general range brass and Fed / Win / CCI primers.

My two favorite powers for loading 9mm are Power Pistol and AA#5.

For practice loads I like either the cheapest 124 FMJ I can find or the Remington 115 grain JHP.

For brass I prefer Winchester as sold by Jeff Bartlett
http://gibrass.com/brass.html

Primers-Prefer whatever is available. Have had good luck with both Federal and Winchester.

I load on a Dillon 550 and load in large batches. I load for a Kahr CW9, CZ75b, H&K USP, and Glocks. For practice loads I see no need to load hot or for top velocity. I am looking for 100% reliable function and economy.

I use either Titegroup or Winchester Super Field with my favorite being the WSF .

I never noticed a difference in primers so I always used what was cheap or available which included Winchester and CCI Small pistol and Small rifle primers . The Small rifle usually netted me 10-15 FPS more velocity .

My brass mix is what my buddy likes to refer to as "Potpourri" as you would be hard pressed to find a significant percentage of any single headstamp .

I shot all manner of copper plated or washed 115 grain bullets using Zero , Montana Gold , Berrys and some outfit out of Nevada's bullets that changed names several times and any one of their names escapes me at this moment .

I tend to look at anything I reload as "Practice ammo" and use ball almost exclusively . For "Non-Practice" I pack factory Federal Hydra-Shocks or Federal Premium 147 grain HP Subsonic ammo .

124JHP Montana Gold(COAL @ 1.120")
or
Cast from Stonewall Bullet Company
SMR Primers
Not range brass; get good shit.
HS6(@6.5grs.with 124s)
Tightgroup, HP38
See Brian Enos's pistol forum.