• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 9mm suppressor

ebert

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2011
what would be recomendations for a 9mm pistol can

Rugged's Obsidian 9 is a very nice PCC/Handgun can. I'm on a budget at the moment and waiting on the R9 from YHM. My number 1 would be Rugged, then SiCo Omega 9K, then probably DA wolfman if DA has their QC issues fixed. Also interested in the .358 Rex Silentium MG 7 with the larger diameter i'm curious as to how well it suppresses.

I have a Obsidian 9 locked up now, went that way because I don't have a dedicated 22 can for the bolt guns. It meters well on both and comes apart for cleaning, lazy I know but I don't mind a big can on a bolt gun.

If you want something that you can run on multiple systems I would look into the silencer coat Omega 36M. I have one in jail now and I've gotten to shoot it on my AR9 and it is absolutely phenomenal.

Anyone here have experience with the CGS Mod-9SK for 9mm handgun use? Impressions?

I have been researching and looking too. Tonight I was looking to see what was in stock and went to the Hansohn Bros website and they had the Omega 9k for $450 so I scooped one up, $405 with the SH discount!!!

Hopefully your Omega 9k doesn’t look anything like the one my FFL just got in for me. And I paid full boat too...:cautious:
96C59A80-1754-4D0C-8032-A72C29CCBF91.jpeg
FF0D3808-AF91-4C93-BB51-109300FB3ED1.jpeg

F81E56D9-BE11-4FEB-BA26-5994FCD8E055.jpeg

It just came in last week. FFL called SiCo and not impressed so far. I asked the dealer about exchanging it, less than helpful. Hopefully will get it sorted out this week.

Yea bro I would be lit as F. That is hot garbage. I have had decent customer service from sico though so don't lose it yet. I'm local to them too if your really in SLC and two of issues I had they had me bring it down and they did it right there for me.

Obviously if it's still on a form 3 they will probably ask you to wait for it to get approved before they fix it but they might not.

What dealer has it now if you don't mind me asking?

Yea bro I would be lit as F. That is hot garbage. I have had decent customer service from sico though so don't lose it yet. I'm local to them too if your really in SLC and two of issues I had they had me bring it down and they did it right there for me.

Obviously if it's still on a form 3 they will probably ask you to wait for it to get approved before they fix it but they might not.

What dealer has it now if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah it’s been a shit show so far. I’m in SLC, it’s w/Denali Firearms. It’s still on the Form 3. I won’t name the vendor but they basically said “too bad, won’t be an issue, if it is SiCo will fix it”.

My dealer called SiCo for me. They told him fixing it probably wasn’t a great idea as they would have to remove a baffle. WTF I hope they stand behind their product

It just came in last week. FFL called SiCo and not impressed so far. I asked the dealer about exchanging it, less than helpful. Hopefully will get it sorted out this week.
They have to make that right!! Keep us posted!! I have a Silencerco Sparrow .22 can that has been great so no dealing with CS.

Yeah it’s been a shit show so far. I’m in SLC, it’s w/Denali Firearms. It’s still on the Form 3. I won’t name the vendor but they basically said “too bad, won’t be an issue, if it is SiCo will fix it”.

My dealer called SiCo for me. They told him fixing it probably wasn’t a great idea as they would have to remove a baffle. WTF I hope they stand behind their product

That's BS they will simply cut the baffle off and weld a new one on provided everything else is good and it's just that last baffle..

Don't give up yet. I would call sico yourself honestly and see what they say

Reactions: springer01
I have 5 Silencerco cans and 2 more in jail ... made a mistake and shot off an end-cap (don't ask - too embarrassing). Called customer service and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. All good so far. I'd call them directly. Dealers are just no-value middle-men in suppressor purchases.

Read good reviews on the CGS Mod-9, looks to be a good performer on handguns.
I'm currently shopping for a 9mm subgun can but am looking for something with more volume since I have a longer barrel and not concerned about sights. Soon to be released R9, Wolfman and Rex 358 are what I've narrowed it down to in case you have a subgun.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Read good reviews on the CGS Mod-9, looks to be a good performer on handguns.
I'm currently shopping for a 9mm subgun can but am looking for something with more volume since I have a longer barrel and not concerned about sights. Soon to be released R9, Wolfman and Rex 358 are what I've narrowed it down to in case you have a subgun.
For 9mm SMG/PCC, I like the Rex Silentium MG7 358 and the Dead Air Wolfman.

As with most things, depends. What are you looking to run it on and what are your priorities (length or quietness)? Omega 9k is an awesome can for pistol caliber carbines as it's short, but still has great suppression due to a larger diameter. At the same time the larger diameter makes it less than ideal for pistols, and being as short as it is it won't be the quietest option. Another upside as @springer01 said is the ability to run supersonic .300 blackout.

The Rugged cans kind of give you the best of both worlds as they're modular so can be run in short or long configuration, though lack the larger diameter so in short configuration will be louder than the 9k. Have a great warranty as well.

If you go any route other than the 9k I would consider a .45 can instead of the 9mm as it will give you a little more versatility.

You'll likely end up with more than one pistol can anyway!

Reactions: springer01
I had a baffle strike on my osprey, mailed it direct to sico and they made it right no questions asked. Turn around time was around a week or so. My cs experience was positive.

Reactions: TimmyTime
Have a Tirant 9M and a DA Wolfman. Regret buying the Wolfman as it's been impossible to get pistons and mounts for it for months. DA's response to people's inquiries about this has been less than impressive...

anyone have any experience with the dead air odessa-9

I'm getting ready to Form 4 a CGS Mod9, of all the reviews I've read and video's I've seen on it, no one has had anything bad to say about it. Also helps that I'm a NFA Review Channel patreon sub so I get it for 50% off. Josh from CGS group, the guy who designs their cans, is all over social media and is always conversing with people and answering questions, that's a big reason I like their company with how available he's made himself.

Reactions: thebradleycrew
Have a Tirant 9M and a DA Wolfman. Regret buying the Wolfman as it's been impossible to get pistons and mounts for it for months. DA's response to people's inquiries about this has been less than impressive...
This. Made me go Q on my next buy, which is said because I’m an asylum member too. Luckily I was able to snag a piston I’ve been looking for for 8 months recently.

I like my dead air ghost but if I didn’t get it at a steal then I’d look for an Obsidian. I put the Wolfman on a pistol for giggles but it’s going to live on a 3 lug mount to a sub gun. Way too big for a pistol 🔫

I got a piston (1/2x28) for my Ghost that's in jail from silencer shop today.

Reactions: napt0wnc1ty99
anyone have any experience with the dead air odessa-9

I have a Dead Air Wolf 9SD and Odessa 9. The Wolf is awesome on a subgun. It’s got a lot of volume and quiet as hell on my CMMG guard 9 and MPX.

the Odessa 9 is really nice and quiet on my pistols. Only shot it on Glocks. I like that you can shorten it for just barely taking the bite out of the muzzle crack or full length for ultimate suppression.

Well an update to my last post cause so much as happened in 2 days. I've changed my mind from getting the CGS Mod9 and Siren22. Nothing against CGS group at all, I'm sure they're both fantastic cans however the more I thought about it, the more I saw the value in the versatility of the Obsidian45 and Oculus22 from Rugged so I'll be purchasing those come payday and hopefully backorder doesn't take too long!

Well an update to my last post cause so much as happened in 2 days. I've changed my mind from getting the CGS Mod9 and Siren22. Nothing against CGS group at all, I'm sure they're both fantastic cans however the more I thought about it, the more I saw the value in the versatility of the Obsidian45 and Oculus22 from Rugged so I'll be purchasing those come payday and hopefully backorder doesn't take too long!
We have the Oculus in stock now and will have the Obsidian 45 available next week.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
I'm between a CGS Mod9 and Rugged Obsidian 9 myself. I've done so much research and gone back and forth so many times over the last 3 months, I'm sure it must be unhealthy.
If it means anything from a non 9mm suppressor owner, it sure seems like you can't go wrong with either of those two. If this thread is still active when I commit, I'll let you know what I get.

Cheers

I'm between a CGS Mod9 and Rugged Obsidian 9 myself. I've done so much research and gone back and forth so many times over the last 3 months, I'm sure it must be unhealthy.
If it means anything from a non 9mm suppressor owner, it sure seems like you can't go wrong with either of those two. If this thread is still active when I commit, I'll let you know what I get.

Cheers
That was my two choices as well after much reading. Went with the Kraken due mostly to price. $400 for the CGS can at the time, plus it was lighter. I thought, and after 6 months still think, I had no interest in modularity. 4000ish rounds later I've not regretted the decision. What I do regret is that I only got my stash of 147g up to 10,000 rounds (almost half is gone) and I can't get/afford more in the Covid world.

Reactions: Bakwa

Cheers

I'm in the same boat, I was gonna go with CGS but I'm leaning towards the Rugged because I do like the versatility and being able to swap between and full size and K configuration. If CGS got on board and did something like that, I'd be getting a Mod9 all day.

For those that have both. Which has less poi shift?

Well, IDK about the Rugged, but I already have several hundred through my MOD9. Very happy with it. No noticeable POI shift when shooting from standing. Gets decently quiet with subs. Very easy to break down and clean/service.
I just wish ammo wasn't the way it is so I could really put some rounds through it.
I'm going to throw it on my 22 rifle this weekend to see how it does with suppressing 22's.

That was my two choices as well after much reading. Went with the Kraken due mostly to price. $400 for the CGS can at the time, plus it was lighter. I thought, and after 6 months still think, I had no interest in modularity. 4000ish rounds later I've not regretted the decision. What I do regret is that I only got my stash of 147g up to 10,000 rounds (almost half is gone) and I can't get/afford more in the Covid world.

I know this is a little older comment, but if you reload, theres plenty of coated lead bullets, I just bought some. Hi-Tek coating on 12-18 brinell cast lead, plenty strong for subs. I run 1100fps with my 115's just fine.

Seeing this thread, I know I made the right choice back in December when I went with the Rugged Obsidian 45... I was torn between the Omega 45K and the Obsidian 45... I see I made the right choice going with the Rugged can. 👍🏼

I went with one that doesn't get much attention. It's the liberty centurion, can handle 9mm, 22LR, 300BLK subs, and it was only $500. Plus all titanium construction and it comes with a piston for the 9mm.

I'm getting ready to Form 4 a CGS Mod9, of all the reviews I've read and video's I've seen on it, no one has had anything bad to say about it. Also helps that I'm a NFA Review Channel patreon sub so I get it for 50% off. Josh from CGS group, the guy who designs their cans, is all over social media and is always conversing with people and answering questions, that's a big reason I like their company with how available he's made himself.
@Maverick3009 what level of patreon sub do you get 50% off CGS and details?

@Maverick3009 what level of patreon sub do you get 50% off CGS and details?
Probably not enough to justify what it costs to be that level of Patreon sub EVERY month... Just to buy a suppressor a couple times a year. It probably equals about the same amount if you weren't giving someone a nice chunk of money monthly. I refuse to give internet people money.

Probably not enough to justify what it costs to be that level of Patreon sub EVERY month... Just to buy a suppressor a couple times a year. It probably equals about the same amount if you weren't giving someone a nice chunk of money monthly. I refuse to give internet people money.
It was actually only $20 a month and you had to be subbed for 2 months before eligibility would kick in, I'd say that's worth saving $400-$500 on a can. Unfortunately the discount has dropped down to 10% so it's barely worth it once you factor in shipping + transfer fee.