• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

9X25 Dillon

spradley

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2012
Leeds, Alabama
Shot my 9X25 Dillon for the first time last Sunday.. Boy was that a fun round and completely lived up to its reputation as a flame thrower and noise maker.

Loaded 90gr XTPs using Blue Dot. Somewhere around 1850 fps according to load data. Did not Chrono.

Shot from Glock 29 with Lone Wolf drop in. Recoil was quick and snappy but not as bad as expected.

After my first five rounds some guys from the range next door came over and asked me what I was shooting. I had no idea it was attracting that kind of attention but heard it would do that.

If it weren't for the flame throwing effect would make a great carry caliber. Well at least during daytime hours anyway.

Can't wait it to put more rounds through this interesting cartridge.

Re: 9X25 Dillon

Not seen one of those used since USPSA dropped the powerfactor needed for Major. Word of advice wear plugs AND muffs if you shoot a Compensator in a enclosed area with one of those... OUCH they hurt. Only round in a pistol I've seen that you can tune a load to make the muzzle flip down instead of up

Try IMR 800x...

A lot less "show" and a lot more "go" than blue dot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try IMR 800x...

A lot less "show" and a lot more "go" than blue dot. </div></div>

I purposely loaded with Blue Dot just to see the flame.. Now that I've been there done that does 800x allow you to shoot the weapon at night without blinding yourself? If so I wouldn't mind this as a carry weapon.

Do you have any load data using 800x?

Thanks for your help.

Way, way, way less flash than blue dot. Less report, less recoil, more speed.

Starting loads with 800x are about 75% as much as BD.