• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A-10's over the house the last week or so, hell yeah!

zeroz

3m ta3
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
South central, co
I love the Warthogs!! A pair has been flying over the house low and "slow" everyday around lunch for the last week or so. I don't know if they are doing spotting for the big fire that is burning a few miles away to get some air time or what. I have never seen them up here before but I hope they keep it up. I get Blackhawks and Chinooks out of carson a couple times a week but these Warthogs banking though the canyon are awesome. Any Idea what they are doing in central CO?

I see them all the time over Tucson, always flying in pairs. Pretty much daily.

Pretty cool sight!

Had the same thing at my place a few months back. Never seen a military aircraft near my house in 30 years, and we don’t have any military bases nearby. Still no idea where he came from or went. A single A-10 buzzed the valley my house is in four times. First one scared the crap outta me because I was sleeping in, the second one I just barely caught a glimpse of him, but I got some sweet video.standing in my driveway of the third and fourth runs. Had to have been less than 300 feet off the ground.

Just glad I didn’t hear the BRRRTTTT!!!

They are a more formidable foe since they switch to a 6.5 creedmore cannon and MOA optics!!! :whistle:

It was a Salute. Warthogs in the air, flying over a building full of warthogs on the ground.

No idea.

I do know that daily during the last week of September we landed a Blackhawk on our pad at work rated for that weight.

Be awesome to see them cruising around though.

I truly would love to see them do some practice runs with some ordnance blazing though.

Sooooo jealous. The only thing flying around my house are Cessna 150’s and 172’s, and sometimes a Mooney, Piper, or Bonanza.

I see the double choppers flying over my house fairly often. But seeing an A10 would be incredible. I'm in Thornton near DIA flight patterns and have many private planes and choppers paralleling I-25 and see some neat stuff.

Where do you consider Central Colorado? I've never heard anyone refer to Colorado that way. Front Range, Western Slope, Southern Colorado, the Plains. But never Central Colorado.

Reactions: D_TROS
Live close to the 122nd fighter wing, would be weird not to see/hear them anymore. Remember back when I was in HS they flew f16's and seemed like they were always in the air when we had football practice, they have since switched to a10's and see them regularly. Love watching that beast slow and low

Reactions: Aries256
AEE3FEAF-42DB-4293-A995-5E685CD70611.jpeg

They spend a lot of time cruising my AO. Common enough to the point that when we're outside my 3 year old stops what he's doing and says "you hear that, sounds like freedom coming" and he'll stand there and watch em go by. Brings a tear to my eyes every time.

Its common to see em in and around Tucson stretching their wings out of the "graveyard". Only thing that makes sense is out of FT Carson or maybe they swung up the canyon after a NORAD patrol, who knows, who cares, hope they keep it up. Didn't see/hear em today which is a shame.

Where do you consider Central Colorado? I've never heard anyone refer to Colorado that way. Front Range, Western Slope, Southern Colorado, the Plains. But never Central Colorado.

Funny you say that, I meant to write south central but didn't edit it. I love that the auto fill location on SH has it as South Central. Im in west Fremont county. Its slightly south of central. Park county would be true central but its just a stones throw north.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Had 3 fly over last week here. First time I had ever seen them. Awesome.

I haven’t seen an A-10 in person since 1980 over East Texas but I do get to see F-35’s almost daily over West Phoenix/Glendale with the occasional V-22, F-22, H-60, H-53, AH-64, C-130, C-17, C-5, F-16, B-29 yeah a B-29, MC-12S and even Lufwaffe Tornadoes. Yeah, living in PHX is cool for plane nerds.

eta: The squids even show up every now and then in an F-18

Last edited:
I get F16s daily. 115th fighter wing is near my house. I do love the sound of an A 10 though. Haven't heard them since the army but it's not a sound you forget.

We used to have them here at Barksdale AFB. I loved to watch them fly around. Me and a buddy of mine used to fish a lake here, and they would come flying in, fright over the tree tops, and make a practice run on the bridge that we were fishing under. It was so cool. Then they got transferred out of here.
I really miss the A-10s....
default_kickcan.gif