• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A-2 stock on MWS

judgedelta

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2010
Mississippi
I just put an A-2 stock on my MWS and notice a lot of noise from the spring when cycling the bolt. I took it back apart and oiled it good... no change. Is this normal.

Has anyone put a quik-detach cup in an A-2 stock? Any tips or caveats?

Re: A-2 stock on MWS

I have found that different buffer tubes are quieter than others. If the Tubb spring and lube do not fix it, then I would try a different tube.

If you want a QD between the stock and receiver, something like this may work.

Thanks a bunch, guys. I have the Tubbs spring on order from Brownells. I am wanting to put a QD insert in the stock and wanting some input from experience, if possible... The A-2 stock is foam filled, unlike the A-1, so it should hold, I hope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: judgedelta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks a bunch, guys. I have the Tubbs spring on order from Brownells. I am wanting to put a QD insert in the stock and wanting some input from experience, if possible... The A-2 stock is foam filled, unlike the A-1, so it should hold, I hope. </div></div>

Hellbender gives a nice tutorial here

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huskyfever03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pics! I've been thinking of putting an A2 on mine </div></div>

I've been very pleased with the A2 on mine.
[img

Uploaded with ImageShack.usimh]

Go to the auto parts store and get some packing grease.

Coat the spring somewhat lightly and the noise is gone.

John

I've got packing "wheel bearing" grease out the wazoo. I'll break her down tomorrow and give it a try. The flat spring was highly recommended and I'll try it also when it gets here. Thanks a lot John.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to the auto paqrts store and get some packing grease.

Coat the spring somewhat lightly and the noise is gone.

John</div></div>

+1

That seems to be a better option for me, more so than the SopMod.

Will a standard a2 m16 buffer work for the ar10?

Where are you guys getting the a2 ar10 kits?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huskyfever03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will a standard a2 m16 buffer work for the ar10?

Where are you guys getting the a2 ar10 kits? </div></div>

No, they are different sizes (AR308/10 is shorter I think). 762sass.com has them as well as Armalite. Both ship out quickly.

I got my stock and tube from from LMT; THEN had to reorder the upper screw and grommet thingy that goes on the end of the tube, because I didn't know they didn't come with the stock and tube. Got the spring and heavy-weight buffer from Slash's http://www.heavybuffers.com/ar10carbine.html. I've also got a set of heavy-duty QD swivels ordered from Grovtec. I had the lightweight-looking inserts from Brownell's, but they don't have screw threads and I wasn't sure about holding as well in the plastic-foam stock.