• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Better muzzle brake for AWSM 338?

G

Hi,

Is there a better muzzle brake out there for the 338 AWSM than the one it comes with?

Preferably one that I can just replace without having any machining done to the bbl.

That stock one just doesn't seem very effective at all compared to other 338's I've shot such as the Sako and the AR-30.

Thanks,

--Fargo007

Re: A Better muzzle brake for AWSM 338?

Which one do you have? The newer double chamber is very effective, in my opinion. The older version is not doing as well. You may want to contact Stacey Blankenship and ask him about the double chamber, unless you already have that one.

what age is your rifle, do you have an AI single or newer double chamber brake ?

Sounds like to me he has the older model, single chamber and would highly recommend you upgrade to the newer dual chamber brake. Contact me if you need assistance or contact one of our distributors.

Yes the older single chamber AI brake didn't do much. The newer one is better.
We've also got brakes in our next production batch with the right thread for the AI barrels if you want to widen your options.

Pete

Yes, I do have the single chamber brake, and I add my testimony to its ineffectiveness here.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll check out the AI double chamber and the roedale brakes. They look pretty nice too.

--Fargo007

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes the older single chamber AI brake didn't do much. The newer one is better.
We've also got brakes in our next production batch with the right thread for the AI barrels if you want to widen your options.

Pete </div></div>

How do your brakes compare to the AI AWSM brake as far as percussion and felt recoil? The reason I ask is because this weekend I fired a buddies .338 with a brake that was made by (Reputable shop) and the percussion was horrible. Felt alot worse than the brake on my AWSM (Double chamber brake).

I consider ours to be among the best.
Now i'm not trying to sell anything in saying that, ive got a fair amount of fact to back that statement up.
We have been conducting a scientific study into Muzzlebrake design & manufacture in conjunction with the Technical Highschool / University of Osnabrück, We've had a professor and a student plus some helpers working on this as a diploma study module for about 6 months. In that time we've tested every brake we could get our hands on, and also a whole bunch of designs we manufactured our selves. We have the final test stage this Thursday.
Some of the brakes did next to naff all (excuse the scientific term) in the way of reducing recoil, some where load as hell, some where a balance between the two.
Ive personaly come to the conclusion that a hell of a lot of the brakes aren't actualy based on any scientific data, they are just made on the assumpütion that they will sort of work, many do, some dont.

We used to make 3 baffle brakes, we binned that idea as the tests showed that the 3rd chamber was as good as redundant.

Ive got some brakes on thier way over to Lowlight for a SH test session and i'm sure he will post something up about that.

To answer your question nolo, our brakes are very very effective (there are a fair few guys on SH that can attest to that) they are also loud, its not so bad at all if your the firer, but for guys left and right, they are in the blast wave.

We are working on a design that is as effective but contains the blast percussion, sort of like a small suppressor that isn't a suppressor.
Talking of suppressors, the diploma study on Muzlebrakes winds up at the end of July and the continuation, which is the same thing, but with the subject bieng suppressors.

Pete

Pete,

Isn't there some way to get pricing without VAT and converted to US $? I haven't been able to figure out what $150 Euro's minus vat converted to US $ might be?

Pat

Hi Pat, register and log in to the webshop from outside the EU and you are automaticaly shown the tax free prices.

but x amount / 1.19 = VAT Free amount,

approximate exchange rates can be had via google.

rgds Pete

That was the trick.... the registration. I knew you had said that one could find out the pricing on-line.

Thanks
Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I consider ours to be among the best.
Now i'm not trying to sell anything in saying that, ive got a fair amount of fact to back that statement up.
We have been conducting a scientific study into Muzzlebrake design & manufacture in conjunction with the Technical Highschool / University of Osnabrück, We've had a professor and a student plus some helpers working on this as a diploma study module for about 6 months. In that time we've tested every brake we could get our hands on, and also a whole bunch of designs we manufactured our selves. We have the final test stage this Thursday.
Some of the brakes did next to naff all (excuse the scientific term) in the way of reducing recoil, some where load as hell, some where a balance between the two.
Ive personaly come to the conclusion that a hell of a lot of the brakes aren't actualy based on any scientific data, they are just made on the assumpütion that they will sort of work, many do, some dont.

We used to make 3 baffle brakes, we binned that idea as the tests showed that the 3rd chamber was as good as redundant.

Ive got some brakes on thier way over to Lowlight for a SH test session and i'm sure he will post something up about that.

To answer your question nolo, our brakes are very very effective (there are a fair few guys on SH that can attest to that) they are also loud, its not so bad at all if your the firer, but for guys left and right, they are in the blast wave.

We are working on a design that is as effective but contains the blast percussion, sort of like a small suppressor that isn't a suppressor.
Talking of suppressors, the diploma study on Muzlebrakes winds up at the end of July and the continuation, which is the same thing, but with the subject bieng suppressors.

Pete
</div></div>

When will these new quiet brakes come out? I would be very interested in one. Do you have any pics? Prices? In dollars please I suck at math LOL.

NOLO

Mr. Lincoln I am trying to send you a pm. But it sais your box is full..

One more thing I dont see a brake for the AI awsm?