• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A big shout out to New Frontier Armory - Some Large AR frame, side charger, upper receiver love!

ReaperDriver

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 5, 2009
    Vegas Baby!
    I just went through a major thrash on building my large frame upper in a 6.5 caliber. It's a long story, but the receiver from a major brand wasn't available for a long time, so I ordered a different top tier upper to complete the build while waiting on the other upper to come back into stock. My shooting partner and I put it together and were were frankly disappointed. The barrel fit was loose in the extension. I was lucky to shoot MOA with it. So in frustration, I tore it back apart and was planning to just set it aside for the next 6 months to a year to get what I wanted in the first place. But then I stumbled across an New Frontier Armory (NFA) upper in their local shop. It wasn't cheap but the side charging handle was pretty sweet, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm hooked! I love the side charger and it so far works flawlessly. The thing is built like a tank and the accuracy is off the chart good. This has become my new favorite rifle!

I personally feel that side chargers are better for 2 reasons.

it keeps an optic from interfering with the latch on a standard charging handle

and second it doesnt induce LOP problems that most large Frame uppers suffer from if you want to use a buttstock with adjustable comb height. The longer charging handles of AR10’s require the longer LOP.

side chargers fix both those problems. Now we just need more companies to make them.

I just went through a major thrash on building my large frame upper in a 6.5 caliber. It's a long story, but the receiver from a major brand wasn't available for a long time, so I ordered a different top tier upper to complete the build while waiting on the other upper to come back into stock. My shooting partner and I put it together and were were frankly disappointed. The barrel fit was loose in the extension. I was lucky to shoot MOA with it. So in frustration, I tore it back apart and was planning to just set it aside for the next 6 months to a year to get what I wanted in the first place. But then I stumbled across an New Frontier Armory (NFA) upper in their local shop. It wasn't cheap but the side charging handle was pretty sweet, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm hooked! I love the side charger and it so far works flawlessly. The thing is built like a tank and the accuracy is off the chart good. This has become my new favorite rifle!
    Mandatory to post pics with new toys. ;)

8A5650A6-F3B6-4550-9F04-F84ACF4AC7D7.jpeg

Reactions: Jigstick
    Sorry, Here are the required pics. It was late, I didn't have my camera, the dog ate my homework, and traffic was really heavy....... it won't happen again, promise! ;)

IMG_8192.JPG

IMG_8225.JPG

IMG_8222.JPG
    IMG_8226.JPG

IMG_8224.JPG

The thing I'm liking most about the side charger is that it's easy to work the bolt if necessary without breaking position behind the gun.

Reactions: Halfnutz
    built my 9mm "pistol" on one of their Glock lowers with an 8" upper. I run an H3 buffer in it and it's about as smooth shooting as it gets. I've run 115, 124 and 147 thru it both with and without an Octane 9 on the end. Get a little "gas eye" with the can on. I'll SBR this lower. I also have an 80% lower from them that's all machined. That one will have a fishing accident if need be.

I'll have to call them and see if their upper will fit my Maten lower. May have to build that 6CM.
    16653.jpeg

I'll have to call them and see if their upper will fit my Maten lower. May have to build that 6CM.
    Fortunately I live literally about 5 min away from their shop. So was able to take my GAP-10 (gen 1) lower and the barrel to make sure it all fit. The shop guys were great and very accomodating. So far I'm very happy with the Upper. It's built like a tank and it shoots well. This was from my .260 load development on Thursday:

42.8 4350 130 Berger Hybrid.JPG

I think I'll keep it. ;)