• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Big Thank You...(with range report)

FootSoldier

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 29, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
...to all of the vendors and 'Hide members who answered my questions until I got this build figured out. Especially to George's crew at GAP and Marty at Badger Ordnance! I can't say enough about how much I appreciate their patience and workmanship.

This is my first custom built rifle and I can't believe how well it shoots.

First the specs;

AICS 1.5 S/A OD green
Badger M2008 S/A
Huber Concepts 2 stage trigger
Bartlein, Med Palma, 24" fluted, .308 Win, BO FTE break
USO SN3 T-Pal 3.2-17x44, mil/mil, GAP reticle, illuminated
Atlas bipod

The rifle is setup to run AIAW double stack mags.

On initial sight-in, I used 2 rounds to get on the paper at 50 yards and then moved to 100 yards where I fired these 3 rounds in to a .130" c-t-c hole.

IMG_1912.jpg

I went on to finish the GAP barrel brake-in process and fired a total of 50 rds in 5 shot groups. The largest group was .724" and the smallest was my new personal all time low of .234".
IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

The rifle averaged 5 shot groups at .487" over all of the 50 shots, even though they were comprised of 5 different powder charge weights.

I know, this was from a completely supported bench at 100 yards, but I have never shot like this!

And yes, MY M2008/AICS looks like everyone else's, but THIS one is mine!
IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

Thanks again to all who helped me complete this journey!

Enjoy!

PS Sorry for the crummy pics.

Re: A Big Thank You...

Looks good. It keeps a smile on my face knowing everyone is so satisfied with the M2008's. Nice shooting too.

PS: Yours gets Top 5 because from the pictures, it looks like it actualy gets shot more than babied.

Nice rig man! Great shooting! You're equipment always has to be better than you. Once you exceed your equipments capabilities you stop learning.

Now you know how well you can shoot with a good gun! Keep practicing/shooting and you'll get even better. Shoot some matches and have fun! That's what it is all about!

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Thanks Frank. After some $$ recovery time, I'll be sending my FNH SPR off to GAP to have another one of your barrels fitted to that rifle. I LOVE the Bartlein barrel on my new rifle!

I have put just over 3k pills down the tube of the FNH rifle and averaged 1-1.25 MOA with it. I guess I always thought that was as good as I could shoot?

But now I know I CAN get better. So it's off for more training that I'll enjoy even more, because I can have such confidence in my gear.

Congrats on the rifle, looks awesome! Looks like it shoots too!

sweeeeet stick, congrats, have you slept in the bed with the weapon yet? Thats how you know its your first custom!!

mike

It's really a pleasure to see what happens when a fine rifle and an accomplished marksman get put together.

Nice going.

Greg