• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A big thanks to the great guys at PCR! Tube gun content inside..

Daveworkslocal

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Ok,

I started purchasing things here and there around last October and the final product was finished yesterday!

This is what all went into this:

Gary Eliseo RTM Tactical tube chassis in Tactical Grey
Remington 700 Donor action (trued)
PT&G Bolt (Coned magnum bolt face, heavy spiral fluted, m16 extractor in .6999 dia)
Schneider 1-9tw Polygonal barrel finished at just under 31" and chambered for 300 Rogue Improved
Shilen trigger
Badger Ordnance 35mm rings
USO sn-3 Snipers Hide Special edition

Let me start off by saying that the guys at PCR are on the ball. They had this build done within 3 months and kept me posted every step of the way. They were kind, and honest. Keith told me what he thought I would like and I gave him creative control over the whole thing. If he said I should purchase something, I did. What he thought would be best, I agreed with. The work done at PCR is flawless, the fit and finish is perfect and the cerakote looks amazing. I will have them to my next build without a doubt.

Gary Eliseo's tube chassis' are of the utmost quality. The Cerakote was perfect, the machining was flawless and the fit to the action was so snug that the cerakote had to be scuffed to facilitate the installation. The comfort and adaptability of this chassis is amazing. 10/10

The PT&G bolt had some issues however, the distance between the extraction cam and the lugs was too short. The action was trued and the bolt would still not close. Keith had to chuck the bolt up and remove what he considered to be a "decent" bit of material off the back of the lugs to get it to fit. The fit and finish of this bolt are fantastic but having to remove material from both the action and the bolt IMO is a little extreme for a 300+ dollar bolt.

Mr. Schneider as usual was on point and incredibly helpful when I was deciding on twist and rifling style. His barrels are top notch.

The shilen trigger is a work of art, it breaks like a fine glass rod and the swept trigger really helps.

All in all, this was my first ground up custom and I couldn't be happier! I can't wait to start fire forming and get this out to the range. I apologize for the cell phone pics , I'll get some better ones and a range report to follow.

Last edited:
Just sent my RTM to PCR, good to know mine wont be the first one they've done ; ). Nice looking rifle. I take it they must have machined a spot for the safety?

+1 for the quality and attention to detail Brad and Keith give to their builds. I just had a rifle worked on by them and my experience was the same as yours. In fact , I remember seeing your chassis on their bench when I went in to pick up my build, it was hard to miss given it's size. Seeing PCR's work completed in pictures doesn't really do PCRs work justice, as it looks even better in person IMO.

I haven't tried it on mine just yet but they say a strip from an old mouse pad works great. I need to call Gary and find out about a rubber butt plate, I haven't shot one of these Rtm's yet but it looks painful if your only wearing a T-shirt.

Has anyone modified the cheek pad on this chassis'? I can't say it's very comfortable lol

I installed some sticky back felt on my cheekpiece. I didn't like the aluminum freezing my face during the winter months.
I also bought a spare butt plate that I had machined flat so I could install a rubber butt pad since my shoulder is fubar

I installed some sticky back felt on my cheekpiece. I didn't like the aluminum freezing my face during the winter months.
I also bought a spare butt plate that I had machined flat so I could install a rubber butt pad since my shoulder is fubar

I ended up wrapping the cheek piece in leather covered foam and I haven't yet done the buttpad. I personally think the cheek piece came out pretty good but I might have to re-do it later. It is now officially the most comfortable firearm I own. haha

Edit: Fixed pics