• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A BILLION $$$ worth of ammo goes up in smoke.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Dont fuck with Vlad:

--------------------------------------
    Kaboom! Russian Drone With Thermite Grenade Blows Up a Billion Dollars of Ukranian Ammo

A single grenade-carrying drone set off one of the largest explosions in recent memory.
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/pop.h-cdn.co\/assets\/17\/30\/980x490\/landscape-1501179935-kaboom.png"}[/IMG2][IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/d3cdsjlahqfkbd.cloudfront.net\/14085\/photo_100_1450851697.jpg"}[/IMG2]

By Kyle Mizokami
    Jul 27, 2017
    2.4k​​​​

A drone carrying a grenade infiltrated an ammunition dump in the Ukraine, setting off an explosion that caused an astounding billion dollars worth of damage. The incident points to the growing use of drones in wartime, particularly off the shelf civilian products harnessed to conduct sabotage and other attacks. Ukraine's domestic intelligence service, the SBU, believes that a drone carrying a Russian thermite hand grenade caused a series of titanic explosions at Balakliya, a military base in Eastern Ukraine. Amateur video of the incident posted on YouTube shows a raging fire spewing out of control artillery rockets, and an explosion and shockwave that sent civilians nearby reeling.

One person was killed in the attack and five were injured.

The drone is believed to have carried a ZMG-1 thermite grenade. Thermite, a combination of iron oxide (rust) and aluminum powder. The stuff burns extremely hot and easily could have gotten through wooden crates to detonate the munitions inside. The ammo dump is just 60 miles from the Russian/Ukrainian border, where fighting recently took place.

According to PM contributor David Hambling writing at Scout Warrior, it's not the first time military bases in Ukraine have been hit by drones. A similar attempt to blow up the Balakliya base took place in December 2015, when drones dropped 14 grenades. The fires were extinguished by Ukrainian servicemen, and one grenade, a ZMG-1, was recovered.

In October 2015, an attack on an ammunition depot at Svatovo destroyed 3,000 tons of explosives and damaged 1,700 nearby homes. Two other attacks on ammo dumps took place in February, and another facility was attacked in March.

Guerrilla groups, terrorists, and perhaps even governments worldwide have rapidly weaponized consumer drones, effectively turning hobbyist devices into lethal weapons capable of killing. In 2016, two French Special Forces soldiers were injured and two Kurdish fighters were killed by an exploding ISIS drone. ISIS has conducted numerous drone attacks during the Mosul campaign and terrorism experts fear weaponized drones could spread outside conflict zones.

Last edited:
    Damn. Well I know cheap is why.... But damn that much munitions in one place vulnerable to a hand carried weapon. What happened to compartmentalized, segregated, hardened roof structures,......

So does this mean Ukraine is fucked ? When the UN gets involved and puts weapons embargos inplace it seems that it is only the little guy that get"s fucked .
    How long do you see this seige of Ukraine dragging out anyway ?

So does this mean Ukraine is fucked ? When the UN gets involved and puts weapons embargos inplace it seems that it is only the little guy that get"s fucked .
    How long do you see this seige of Ukraine dragging out anyway ?

For as long as it would take Ukranians to get rid of the assholes who managed to capture power in 2014 and successfully fucked up everything. Then, there is a good chance this self-imposed "siege" may end up and all of the concerned U.S. observers may switch their attention to the other countries fucked up by their own rulers...

Old, but informative article from reputable source, may be used instead of listening to BS coming from TV:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/187931/uk...eadership.aspx

Not so old article:

http://neweasterneurope.eu/interview...-a-second-term

Current situation:

https://eadaily.com/en/news/2017/07/...cal-turbulence

Last edited:
    i am not going to say the Russians did it, but i think they did.

l9b8QtN.png

We all know it was Trump!

Of course... there was one Ukranian killed in the explosion. You suppose he had dirt on the Clinton's? I mean... that's plausible too, right?

Cheers,

Sirhr

i mean no one makes ammo worth a billion$ without keeping it safe, precautions over precaution, emergency on standby...i mean this is completely ridiculous

And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/l9b8QtN.png"}[/IMG2]

We all know it was Trump!

Of course... there was one Ukranian killed in the explosion. You suppose he had dirt on the Clinton's? I mean... that's plausible too, right?

Cheers,

Sirhr

For the win !!!

i mean no one makes ammo worth a billion$ without keeping it safe, precautions over precaution, emergency on standby...i mean this is completely ridiculous

It was not freshly made stuff. Just leftovers from the Soviet times. Bunch of which was stolen and sold for private income, and rest was burned to cover the theft. That's the way they do business over there...

Last edited:
    iron oxide + aluminum powder......hmmmmm I bet I can find or make them both pretty easily

I'm guessing no one in the Ukraine owns two or more baskets and there are a lot of vulnerable eggs out there.

Damn. Well I know cheap is why.... But damn that much munitions in one place vulnerable to a hand carried weapon. What happened to compartmentalized, segregated, hardened roof structures,......

Thermite is hardly hand carried once set off!

Drop that fucker on a 4-6" steel roof covering explosives and that's what you get. I imagine it wasn't your usual thermite grenade. The Russians are decades ahead of us in thermobarics and part of that includes the use of a "super thermite" (it's just nano particle usual thermite with some secret ingredient I'm told). You can make nano thermite here but it's too expensive to bother with, it is ten times more potent in the same size package.

Guess they didn't learn to keep their shit in soil covered bunkers during WW2 like we did. That won't work here, you'd need the bunker buster and then you'd still only set off what's inside that bunker and they are away from people so nothing really happens. Oh, and not all our eggs are in one basket, so there's that too.

That looks more like to me a munitions factory or their mixing or storage... Russia wants to decapitate Ukraine and turn it back into a puppet state. Easier to do if their factories are blown to shit. Then again, I've heard they DO store small arms ammo in warehouses. But they have so goddamn much of it I guess they have to.

And yeah, a thermite grenade in the right place at Olin or Lake City or CCI here would have similar results I bet.

Meh Russia already has the Ukraine.

If anyone has a bitch it's the Poles wanting the people in what is now Ukraine to go back to Old Ukraine (now Russia) and leave their territory.

More arbitrary lines and people moving.

Its why we need to secure our borders and never let anyone carve up the Western Hemisphere.

Last edited:
    A thermite grenade fits nicely in a jelly jar with the pin pulled.

Drop the jelly jar on a roof with a drone 'crash' and break the jelly jar... and the hand-carried thermite grenade is off and running when the spoon pops.

Grenades in jelly jars is one of the oldest tricks in the books. You can drop them out of chopper doors for fun and profit. Same with putting them in an C-rat can with the pin pulled.... yank the can off with a string and it's game on!

This is third-grade stuff for UW. A bunch of paddy-farmers figured this out 60 years ago.

Heck, a pound of Cremora and a Bic Lighter and you can drop a 4-story building. If you have thermite grenades, you might as well be part of the nuclear club!

And the secret ingredient is colloidal magnesium. No secret there, either.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Meh Russia already has the Ukraine.

If anyone has a bitch it's the Poles wanting what is now Ukraine to go back to Russia and leave their territory.

More arbitrary lines and people moving.

Its why we need to secure our borders and never let anyone carve up the Western Hemisphere.

Amen to that

iron oxide + aluminum powder......hmmmmm I bet I can find or make them both pretty easily

You can order them on line. Might want to order them fro different companies a few days apart.:p