• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A bit of my childhood burst into flames today

aur0ra145

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2012
DFW, TX
Big Tex burned down. He was the coolest part of the state fair.

Big Tex fire at State Fair

big-tex-fire-03-e1350662688373.png

283399_10151472998099062_358480629_n.jpg

Re: A bit of my childhood burst into flames today

He went out in a blaze of glory, literally.

Condolences for your loss.
laugh.gif
But remember ..."Go big or go home." Big Tex did both.

RIP Big Tex.

When I lived in Houston, I made the pilgrammage to the State Fair. Two things I remember: 1. Big Tex 2. the fact that the restrooms at the TX State Fair were bigger than the entire state fair in my home state... Go big or go home, indeed.

I read that the only parts that survived were his boots and his hand... made of fiberglass that did not burn.

They will rebuild...

Cheers,

Sirhr

During the OU & Texas games it was always a point that stood out in the memories. Sad indeed.

Do they know if arson was involved or was this deemed just an accident?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Surgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do they know if arson was involved or was this deemed just an accident? </div></div>

They believe it was caused by an electrical short.

It was the guberment...ha ha just kidding!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we like to burn shit , here in Texas </div></div>

Yeah, but are you burning the right shite?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They believe it was caused by an electrical <span style="text-decoration: line-through">short</span> shart. </div></div>

...there, fixed it fer ya....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SPROz8i6yqY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SPROz8i6yqY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>