• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns A Bit Off Topic: Value of a Colt Anaconda

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA
Ok...so not exactly a "sidearm" in the traditional sense (unless you are arming for a bear hunt backup), but nevertheless:

Does anyone know the approximately value (trade and cash prices) for a Colt Anaconda, .44Mag/Spl, 6", complete with Colt Blue Plastic Box and paperwork (cardboard box encasing the plastic case not available), in what I would call approx. 90% condition being overly critical (shot a few hundred rounds at most, clean all around with only minor signs of it being shot that much, 100% function, buttery smooth DA trigger, OEM colt grips replaced with Hogue finger groove, black rubber grip...OEM grips not incl.)?

I took a quick look around GunBroker and a few other places online and the prices on these handguns are ALL OVER THE MAP (and not that I necessarily trust anything I see on GB these days)! Some were as low as ~$1,000 or so for well-used with others going to well over $2,500. Any more specific price range than $1k-$2.5k would be helpful.
wink.gif

Thanks in advance for any guidance from any revolver gurus out there.

Re: A Bit Off Topic: Value of a Colt Anaconda

Since you don't have the original grips or cardboard sleeve for the plastic case, I would say between $995 - $1100.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RETE8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since you don't have the original grips or cardboard sleeve for the plastic case, I would say between $995 - $1100. </div></div>

"I" don't have anything. Was considering buying it but the asking price seemed on the high side to me and my research didn't turn up much in the way of help with GB prices being nuts and not many for sale otherwise that I could compare with any reasonable reference to price. I didn't want to insult the guy who's got it for sale by low-balling him. Thanks for the input.

I buy and sell a lot of Colt double action revolvers. I'd agree that that missing outer cardboard sleeve and lack of original grips makes this a $800-$1000 gun. You can find the original grips for around $100 online.

If you want to sell it for $800-$1000 i'll take it. It's worth more than that with no grips. I'd love to see someone show me an $800-$1000 python that has actually sold for that in this kind of condition. If you want to give me the serial and "x" out the last couple digits I can tell you a lot more about it. Usually the shorter the barrel the higher the value, but depends on finish and 50 other things. If it's 90% like you say I would say $1500 or so, and if you want to sell let me I know an older friend of mine that sold his 3 and wants a couple back, especially a 2 1'2". You have a nice revolver man.

He has an Anaconda, not a Python.....different creatures. I own three of them and the most recent one I picked up is a all original 8" .44 Magnum with a light cylinder ring, both boxes, all paperwork including hang tag for way less than $1500.