• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

a call to good americans...

Controlled Chaos Arms

Gun Plumber
Minuteman
I have written this over and over. I have typed and pondered. I have prayed to the Lord and I have wept. This is my 8th revision and I’m still having trouble finding the words to properly express myself clearly and with proper conviction. After searching for the perfect way to make my statement it occurred to me that I’m flawed. I’m human. I’m going to make mistakes. It also occurred to me that I seek to be decent and kind, and even though I’ll make mistakes I’ll strive to avoid them in the future and not repeat them.
Lives are lost and people are hurting.

We’re consumed with an emotionally charged issue, and there appear to be no clear answers. This isn’t wrong; this is human and very normal.

We’re all in this together, America. We have to take a breath, and reflect properly so we can minimize the likelihood of another slaying. Will a ban on weapons make us safer? We had a ban years ago and it had zero positive impact on crime. This was tried and it failed. Did it lead to less crime? Did it deal with the mentally ill? Did it make us better parents? Did it raise the character of Americans? The answers are all NO. It did one thing and one thing well. It provided us with a false sense of security.

Response times by our Police and various Law Enforcement are very good, but even when they have stellar response times of just a few minutes, it isn’t enough to stop evil from creating mortality. In the time it has taken you to read to this point, how many lives could be impacted for eternity regardless of the method used? In mere seconds, those bent on destruction of life can accomplish their task, much more so with minutes in which to work.

I’m not asking us all to turn a blind eye to this. Instead I’m asking us all to identify the real problems here and actively participate in our future. Are we going to continue to pretend the mentally ill shouldn’t be discussed or don’t deserve our compassion or time? It isn’t a fun subject, as our hearts ache for many we know in this state as their condition is almost never their fault. We have to tackle this as a country. I don’t have the answers, but I’m certain we sure won’t get them without the tough questions first. Now is the time to educate ourselves and one another.

Are we prepared to lead by example to our youth and one another? We learn of a suspicious van taking pictures at the playground while seated at the supper table. We even and recall the van in memory. We remember thinking at the time it was odd, as did the other parents. Our intuition was serving us correctly. Instead of putting our smart phones down, we continued playing angry birds or opted to update our facebook status. Why didn’t we use that smart phone to take a quick picture of the van? It certainly wouldn’t have cost us a dime, nor would it have taken more than a few seconds. Why didn’t we call the authorities and make them aware of the suspicion? If we had taken that picture, why didn’t we then ask the person in the van if we could help them, or what did they might have needed?

I truly believe our intuition serves us correct too often to be ignored. However, we could hone that skill a bit at no cost. Being aware and observant is imperative. Teaching our young to catch that sunset instead of that youtube video late in the day is a start. Telling your child to observe five things on your walk out of the grocery store to the car so you can both compare notes doesn’t teach them the world is full of boogey men, thus fear. It teaches them situational awareness, and strength. It occupies almost no time, while setting the stage for us to resist becoming victims. We may or may not sense all that goes on in our midst, but we can certainly recognize when something is out of place, whether that is a person, a situation, or just that feeling. Fostering that sense and strengthening that ethic are responsible, prudent, and wise.

Banning objects adds more people to the defenseless category by creating victims and aids none of them. Getting serious about the real problems and concentrating on personal responsibility in all forms will make a difference. Choosing to be good shepherds over one another and ourselves will reduce victims of all kinds of crimes more than we can all imagine if we would begin…

-Michael Ware

Re: a call to good americans...

There has been a ton of good post lately and this is another one. Thank you!

Here is a rant that I put up on Facebook the other day. Its not a solution, by any stretch, but sheds some light on stuff:

Why? I keep hearing “Why?” You want to know the why?...BTW, if any of you reading this fall under what I type, my object was not to offend. But, you may need to rethink how you live.

Its a TOTAL failure. Failure in family values, failure in social ethics, failure to teach the difference between fantasy and reality. Failure to pass legislation that is based in reality, failure to accept that kids need discipline.
Here is how this rant is gonna go.

When I was a kid.....I had both parents to raise me. They were there, they didn't call it quits and divorce when things got tough. I learned, through that, if you put out effort, you have success. When I was bad, and I did have way more than one moment, I got my ass beat. Bare ass with hand or belt. Soap in my mouth for cussing, groundings and loss of things that, as a child, was always a privilege. We had no “rights” as a child, behavior wasn't controlled with drugs, it was the back of a hand. It was how mom and dad wanted it...END OF STORY
When I was a kid....All the other families that me and my parents were friends with, were the same. My friends got their share of ass beatings for being bad. We were all taught that our opinion was irrelevant and we show respect to anyone regardless. We all were taught PLEASE and THANK YOU.
What we “wanted” was irrelevant, what we needed was decided by the TWO responsible adults raising us. So, socially, those methods were abundant, as they were all around us.
When I was a kid.... My parents made me aware that there were some things that, if you do them, will come with consequences. That, if I do them, may result in people being hurt. My freedom being taken away, and that you only get one life. There is no bonus life, no cheat to get the “Extra Lives”. I learned that reality was when you take life seriously. I learned this by going outside and playing with friends, and if I took that too far, I suffered the consequences.
When I was a kid.....God was present in my life. My parents raised me to believe that there was a Heaven and a Hell and MY life choices will decide where I go. Not to debate with Atheists, but you think perhaps these values may have an impact on how a person goes through life?
When I was a teenager....Both my parents worked. My parents told me to GET A JOB! If I wanted the newest and latest fashions and accessories for school, it was purchased with money I EARNED. No one expects their kids to earn anything anymore. They are raised with a sense of entitlement that because they are of a particular interest group (take your pick) that someone somewhere OWES it to them.
When I was a teenager....I learned to accept and live with the fact that there are some things I will not have and the feeling of disappointment was a learning experience. I wasn't labeled a failure, and it motivated me to do better or to simply move on, because that is how life works.

MY PARENTS DIDN'T EXPECT GOVERNMNET TO RAISE US!

All we are hearing is “What laws can we pass to make the world a safer place?” What fucking fantasy world are you live in where you think that binding people by written rules is going to have any effect on how safe this world is? Laws, I abide by them. You probably abide by them. Criminals??? If they followed them, there wouldn't be crime. They have little regard for their own freedom. Some, don't care if they get caught. Others, in the extreme, have little value of their own lives, or the lives of others. Those warm and fuzzy “feel-good” laws that you think are saving the world, have no hold on people like that.
Gun laws being the most prevalent topic. Stop sucking in the media tit, and follow the facts. The guns used in this tragedy were legally purchased and registered to the POS's mother. The type, caliber, color, or mechanical function is irrelevant and being used to push political agendas. Politicians are trying to avert the eyes of society from the real failures, to what their own agendas are. So please set your delusional opinions aside and look at the facts. People who feel safe because of the gun laws, are not safe. They do nothing to keep bad people from doing bad things. Gun control legislation has done NOTHING to prevent crimes.
Video games.....really? We are going to put blame on those? Please refer to the part in my upbringing where I was taught the difference between fantasy and reality.

SUMMARY
I own guns, I play video games. I came from a middle class family, in a middle class town. I am not wealthy, I do not feel that anyone owes me. I will RAISE my child (or children). I will teach ethics, and morals. I will discipline them when they misbehave. They will believe in God, and their actions in life will have an effect beyond life.
To all you idiots that want these changes. Up until the turn of the 21st century, people and families held these ethics, values and beliefs. Now, we have less God, more entitlement, more government control. Ethics are at rock bottom. We promote and excuse unethical behavior in the name of not wanting to offend people. No one is expected to take responsibility for their actions. Can you honestly tell me that this has improved life? Can you say that the way society carries on now has no effect on what events unfold? If you cannot see that, then you are blind, stupid and ignorant.

I think you guys said it VERY WELL. My Mother had the feeling of "spare the rod and spoil the child". We lost Mom the 29th of July. I said it before she died and I'll say it now. She DID NOT spare the rod. She didn't beat me just to beat me. She was not cruel. But Dad was always at work or out of town. And she felt it fell to her to make corrections. Man she could make a hickory switch talk. Usually on my back side. Please don't misunderstand. She hit me near enough for all the stuff she didn't catch me at. But I believe that the discipline at home has helped to make me into a decent man, husband and father. Ask my daughters. They knew what a spanking was. They both finished high school with honors. Both married THEN had kids. And now I have used my INFLUENCE (sometimes with a belt) on my grandkids. I think only once each. But they know to mind their manners when they are in my house or when I am present.

I was an Army brat until i turned 20, state to state post to post and school to school. When dad was gone someplace mom had to wear two hats, Mom and Dad hats. We were punished by mom when dad was away and by both when he was at home, if we needed it. They both made us go out and cut a GOOD switch when needed. They are both gone now and i do not regret the way we were treated at all. Our punishment made my brother and i better people. MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was an Army brat until i turned 20, state to state post to post and school to school. When dad was gone someplace mom had to wear two hats, Mom and Dad hats. We were punished by mom when dad was away and by both when he was at home, if we needed it. They both made us go out and cut a GOOD switch when needed. They are both gone now and i do not regret the way we were treated at all. Our punishment made my brother and i better people. MM </div></div>

I usedto HATE haveing to cut my own switch...but I cant really say it made me a better person.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a rant that I put up on Facebook the other day. Its not a solution, by any stretch, but sheds some light on stuff:

Why? I keep hearing “Why?” You want to know the why?...BTW, if any of you reading this fall under what I type, my object was not to offend. But, you may need to rethink how you live.

Its a TOTAL failure. Failure in family values, failure in social ethics, failure to teach the difference between fantasy and reality. Failure to pass legislation that is based in reality, failure to accept that kids need discipline.
Here is how this rant is gonna go.

When I was a kid.....I had both parents to raise me. They were there, they didn't call it quits and divorce when things got tough. I learned, through that, if you put out effort, you have success. When I was bad, and I did have way more than one moment, I got my ass beat. Bare ass with hand or belt. Soap in my mouth for cussing, groundings and loss of things that, as a child, was always a privilege. We had no “rights” as a child, behavior wasn't controlled with drugs, it was the back of a hand. It was how mom and dad wanted it...END OF STORY
When I was a kid....All the other families that me and my parents were friends with, were the same. My friends got their share of ass beatings for being bad. We were all taught that our opinion was irrelevant and we show respect to anyone regardless. We all were taught PLEASE and THANK YOU.
What we “wanted” was irrelevant, what we needed was decided by the TWO responsible adults raising us. So, socially, those methods were abundant, as they were all around us.
When I was a kid.... My parents made me aware that there were some things that, if you do them, will come with consequences. That, if I do them, may result in people being hurt. My freedom being taken away, and that you only get one life. There is no bonus life, no cheat to get the “Extra Lives”. I learned that reality was when you take life seriously. I learned this by going outside and playing with friends, and if I took that too far, I suffered the consequences.
When I was a kid.....God was present in my life. My parents raised me to believe that there was a Heaven and a Hell and MY life choices will decide where I go. Not to debate with Atheists, but you think perhaps these values may have an impact on how a person goes through life?
When I was a teenager....Both my parents worked. My parents told me to GET A JOB! If I wanted the newest and latest fashions and accessories for school, it was purchased with money I EARNED. No one expects their kids to earn anything anymore. They are raised with a sense of entitlement that because they are of a particular interest group (take your pick) that someone somewhere OWES it to them.
When I was a teenager....I learned to accept and live with the fact that there are some things I will not have and the feeling of disappointment was a learning experience. I wasn't labeled a failure, and it motivated me to do better or to simply move on, because that is how life works.

MY PARENTS DIDN'T EXPECT GOVERNMNET TO RAISE US!

All we are hearing is “What laws can we pass to make the world a safer place?” What fucking fantasy world are you live in where you think that binding people by written rules is going to have any effect on how safe this world is? Laws, I abide by them. You probably abide by them. Criminals??? If they followed them, there wouldn't be crime. They have little regard for their own freedom. Some, don't care if they get caught. Others, in the extreme, have little value of their own lives, or the lives of others. Those warm and fuzzy “feel-good” laws that you think are saving the world, have no hold on people like that.
Gun laws being the most prevalent topic. Stop sucking in the media tit, and follow the facts. The guns used in this tragedy were legally purchased and registered to the POS's mother. The type, caliber, color, or mechanical function is irrelevant and being used to push political agendas. Politicians are trying to avert the eyes of society from the real failures, to what their own agendas are. So please set your delusional opinions aside and look at the facts. People who feel safe because of the gun laws, are not safe. They do nothing to keep bad people from doing bad things. Gun control legislation has done NOTHING to prevent crimes.
Video games.....really? We are going to put blame on those? Please refer to the part in my upbringing where I was taught the difference between fantasy and reality.

SUMMARY
I own guns, I play video games. I came from a middle class family, in a middle class town. I am not wealthy, I do not feel that anyone owes me. I will RAISE my child (or children). I will teach ethics, and morals. I will discipline them when they misbehave. They will believe in God, and their actions in life will have an effect beyond life.
To all you idiots that want these changes. Up until the turn of the 21st century, people and families held these ethics, values and beliefs. Now, we have less God, more entitlement, more government control. Ethics are at rock bottom. We promote and excuse unethical behavior in the name of not wanting to offend people. No one is expected to take responsibility for their actions. Can you honestly tell me that this has improved life? Can you say that the way society carries on now has no effect on what events unfold? If you cannot see that, then you are blind, stupid and ignorant. </div></div>

Aye God Woodrow but that is some mighty fine literature!
We must have grown up in the same era of time. I thank God for a mean Mother. Now some folks won't get that statement, but I am sure you can understand. What passed for discipline in our day would land a parent in jail today. I remember well Momma taking a doubled cherry switch to my ass until I was welted pretty good, I lived, I deserved every stroke, and those instances definately kept me out of prison.
I had a drug problem when I was a kid, I was drug to church. Now we simply drug our children for real. We have been shamed into letting our children do as they please, while allowing the state to indoctrinate them in state run brainwashing camps, which just happen to be gun free zones.
We live in asociety that celebrates immorality and sexual perversion, while demonizing anything moral and wholesome.
To give in to ANY more gun laws, and especially registration, would be way beyond a slippery slope. Stand up for what is right now before we are made to kneel.
"O Nebuchadnezzar we are not careful to answer you in this matter..."