• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes A couple questions with base and rings.

dannydifalco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2011
New York
Ok im going with a new setup on my Remington 700 sps in .308. I am ordering this scope Bushnell tactical 10x40 URL Now i am stuck on what size rings to get and to go with a 20moa base or flat. I ASSUME i should stick with low rings but what rings can i get for around $50 that are not garbage? And i was going to get the EGW 1 piece base but should i get the 20moa or standard flat? I plan to zero in at 100yd and shoot most of the time from 100yd to 500yd but occasionally up to 1000yd. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Also should i go mil/mil or mil/moa on scope? I dont even see the mil/mil scope listed on the bushnell website?

Re: A couple questions with base and rings.

burris xtr rings
Swfa ss rings (were out of stock a couple weeks ago) are a little cheaper than the burris and similar quality.
Mil/mil Bushnell 10x40 is a midwayusa exclusive scope.

20 moa will help when you go above 500, I like my 20 but either will work. Most seem to prefer 20 base. And Mil Mil seems simpler to me.

Alright im probably going to go with the Burris XTR low rings. And im still confused does midwayusa modify the scopes? or does bushnell make special ones for them?

20 MOA base for sure and Mil/Mil avoid mil/moa like the plague as far as rings I have heard good thinsg about the burris XTR rings.

Even though the .mil/.mil takes a step out of the equation why do they make high end scopes like mark 4's in mil/moa and 90% of other scopes in mil/moa.