• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A CZ 455 Shorty.......pics inside

el gordo2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
San Antonio, Tejas
I had the factory American 22 lr barrel left over from my build and decided to do a little tinkering yesterday.
Cut the barrel down to 9ish inches threaded and gave it a new crown. Made up an aluminum 16.1" long shroud and installed it permanently over the barrel. The AAC Prodigy fits in nicely. I Cerakoted it Graphite Black but after looking at it I will redo it in Sniper Gray so it matches the action. I haven't decided on whether to open the barrel channel in that stock to accept it or get another for giggles. The barreled action is just sitting in the stock for a photo op.

CZSuppressorShroud_zps78f3f590.jpg

Here is a 20inch varmint compared to my shorty with suppressor attached.

CZBarrelsCompared_zpsc8c833bd.jpg

That looks great. Quick question though. Is the barrel now considered a NFA item, or is the whole gun considered NFA now? Pardon my ignorance I am just learning about the finer points of the NFA.

That looks great. Quick question though. Is the barrel now considered a NFA item, or is the whole gun considered NFA now? Pardon my ignorance I am just learning about the finer points of the NFA.

Though the actual barrel is short, being that the shroud is pinned and welded and is not removable this combination is not an NFA item due to the overall length being over 16 inches.

Fantastic...very clean, with the American barrel being tapered, how tight is the shroud to the barrel? Did you fill the or taper, or is the pin and weld with the rigidity go the shroud stiff enough?

Last edited:
That is awesome looking!

Could paint the barrel, and not have to worry about the suppressor color.

How well does she shoot now?

Fantastic...very clean, with the American barrel being tapered, how tight is the shroud to the barrel? Did you fill the or taper, or is the pin and weld with the rigidity go the shroud stiff enough?

I machined two areas so I would not have to mess with the taper and yet center the tube over the barrel. One in front of the chamber tennon, (cut just a few thousandths off to get a parallel surface) and the other just behind the muzzle threads. Made a couple of aluminum bosses that fit snuggly over those areas and set screwed them to the barrel. The aluminum tube (shroud) was then placed over the bosses/barrel and plug welded. Excess weld was machined off for a nice clean look.

Hope this helps and makes sense to you.

I did the same thing to my 10/22 plinker to get a shorter OAL.
IMG_5667_zps89b43004.jpg

Last edited:
My bad! I read fast and type even faster!

Badass. I say go ahead and open it up so you can bolt it in and try it out unless you already have plans for another stock

Any thoughts on making a few more of these? Or for other rifles?

Would really enjoy one of these, but don't have equipment to make.

You might as well bolt it together to see how it shoots so then we can luster after the shorty barrel. Nice having the equipment and skill to fabricate.

El Gordo -

NICE!!!!

Please send me an email with prices for doing that if I provided the barrel.

Sweet set up, would like to do it for my SiCo Sparrow