• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A&D 120i auto trickler

xdeano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
North Dakota
Hey guys I stumbled on to something that I thought I'd pass along.

I had a hard time finding a decent container that wouldn't bounce powder all over the place when the auto dump triggered. Well ive got something that works perfect.

I dug through the junk drawer and found an old play-doh container that hardened up. I cleaned it out. It works great in the supplied holder. The cover can also be placed on the top of the trickler also. Kernels dont bounce out.
Works great. Just thought id pass it along.

Xdeano
0320181515.jpg

Nice improvisation. Area 419 powder pan is now available though, and well worth the price. Not stuck with that floppy handle.

Nice thinking on the Playdoh container. Now I gotta find one just for the lid. Another idea for the powder... 1/4 cup measure. Deep and a nice sturdy long handle. Was in a whole set of measures for 89 cents at WalMart.

I found this set of stainless steel measuring cups at WalMart, 4 cups/$5.97. I use the 1/3 cup as my catch cup in the A&D and trimmed the handle back so it stays on the platen when the scale is not being used and I can put the front wind screen back in place. The 1/4 cup is used to fill the Auto Trickler when needed. The two largest cups were donated to the kitchen. Not too bad for $5.97.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-measuring-cup-stainless-steel-set-of-4/20462597

A&D.JPG

Reactions: nexusfire
The Area 419 base and cup are awesome. Static is a big problem especially if you are using the Auto Throw with it.