• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A&D HR-100A- Anyone using or know anything about this scale

BuildingConceptsllc

Don't Start None, won't be none.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2020
    Alabama
    and how well it might work for a V3/V4 set up? It's pretty pricey but it would be nowhere near the cost of a Promethiues. Not sure if it would be as consistent but with my amature understanding , it appears that it would be pretty good.

It also looks like it's a plug and play with the V3/V4 too, just like the 120.

I know we have some guys on here that really know a lot about these scales and their potential for consistency amd/or their potential issues, so I was hoping one or more would give us all a little run down of how well this scale might perform. Anyone else is welcome to add to the discussion as well.

Is this the same scale?
    scalesgaloredotcom.JPG

Scalesgaloredotcom, this is the place I bought my EJ-54D2.

They changed the wind screen to be like the one on the 120 so it would work with the AT , but I think that's the same scale

The 54D2 is NOT compatible with the autotrickler stuff. I toss and trickle, and pinch.
    Considering any reading, zero, check weights, charge, etc could be almost the next lower or higher count (0.0002 grams), and maybe even another count off just for good measure, Cost me $357 shipped. That's big bucks for me :)
    a conservative estimate for charge would be +/- 4 counts, 0.0008 grams, or 0.012 grains.
    Picked a round number, in grams that was close to my target, 2.05 grams = 31.636 grains.
    22NOSGAR-charge-for-88s.jpg

For those that load to +/- 0.1 grain, that would be +/- 0.0065 grams, or an indicated 2.0434 to 2.0564 grams.

Sorry for the derail :)

"Compact Super Hybrid Sensor (C-SHS) for fast 2-second stabilization." Not sure how this sensor would work with loading and all or what it might be susceptible to ect.... I was hoping someone here could enlighten us on that part

Just a thought, email Adam McDonald?
    Yeah I can do that, I don't know how in depth he's going to get into all the things that we are concerned about though. Kind if need a back and forth but yeah it's worth a shot.

Or YOU could dig into the manuals of each and ensure that the pins of each port on the back communicate the same things on the same channels as each other.

Or YOU could dig into the manuals of each and ensure that the pins of each port on the back communicate the same things on the same channels as each other.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that part is good to to go. I'm talking about "how well that type of sensor does for loading", ect.

I figured someone here would be using it and know. Seems like a possible upgrade in consistency without getting into promethiues money....

What do you think the benefit is of that level of resolution to your handloads?
    Mainly to limit the drift issues. My thinking was if you reduce the resolution, you reduce the amount of drift and thus have more accurate charges. .02 is one thing, and not impactful , but when you start getting into .06 and .08 it gets more effected. The brass prep and bullet itself is likely a bigger factor but getting into the brass turning and all is a lot of crap I don't want to do if I could just buy a scale that would take one of those little variations out of the equation. I was also just curious and read about the wind screens being done differently to work with the AT, which lead me to looking into that scale. I figured if it was great and wonderful, someone here was already using it.

I heard back from Adam, who said that scale is too slow, and basically said the fx120 is plenty for long range shooting. I'm sure he's extremely well versed in the scales and how they work ect.