• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A deal on a nice little zoomy flashlight

dormandefense

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2012
Aynor, SC
Here's a deal I found on a nice little zoomy flashlight I came across on a site I frequent for torches and parts etc...

I've been using this little light for a while, and it's worked great for me. the consistent zoom pattern is great for tactical use as well as daily chores etc..

anyway, look for yourself.

$2.99 shipped with coupon code tmart131111

CREE Q5 5W 500LM 3 Modes Focusing Flashlight Torch Black - Tmart.com

FWIW, I just tried it, and that 'coupon code' is not good for me. Maybe somebody else can have some luck. Sounded too good to be true.

The cheapest flashlight I will use is a Mag-lite... All those cheap LED lights usually fail within a month in my experience.

I've had a quarter sized squeeze led on my key chain for years!,, got at gun show for 1$ best dollar I ever spent. I get them at Christmas for stocking stuffers!,

I've had a quarter sized squeeze led on my key chain for years!,, got at gun show for 1$ best dollar I ever spent. I get them at Christmas for stocking stuffers!,

I was going through some old stuff the other week and found one that I had attached to waders. I haven't duck hunted in years and it still worked. Hung it at my loading bench for looking in cartridge cases. Finding that little light was better than finding $5 in a jacket...

Sorry the coupon code didn't work for you guys. Must have been for a short time.

Btw: I'll never again buy a mag light. The 3D LED mag is half the brightness of the flashlight I carry in my back pocket daily.

That flashlight is the Trustfire r5-a3. I'd also recommend the solarforce lights. Great build quality. Paired with a decent 18650 and an XML t6 p60 drop in(neutral white), and you've got a hell of a tactical light w/ batteries for under $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cheapest flashlight I will use is a Mag-lite... All those cheap LED lights usually fail within a month in my experience.

Sorry the coupon code didn't work for you guys. Must have been for a short time.

Btw: I'll never again buy a mag light. The 3D LED mag is half the brightness of the flashlight I carry in my back pocket daily.

That flashlight is the Trustfire r5-a3. I'd also recommend the solarforce lights. Great build quality. Paired with a decent 18650 and an XML t6 p60 drop in(neutral white), and you've got a hell of a tactical light w/ batteries for under $40.

Agreed dorman. About the only thing a mag lite is good for is beating someone with. I bought a small one at Lowe's that dumps on even my surefire and it was 1/3 the price.

Mini Cree Led Flashlight 3 Modes Torch Adjustable Focus Zoom Light Lamp - Amazon.com
I bought five of the above back in the fall (without the three way switch), after getting those I bought ten more and handed them out to family and friends. Everyone has liked them. Beam is good for about 100y when tightened down and wide enough when pulled back to make searches with ease. All on one AA

The OP's looks even brighter, hmmm....

I've got a couple like that as well. Nice little lights. It's awesome to be able to use a tiny light with optics as a thrower. Otherwise you'd have a flashlight head 6" across. I got a custom mini mag once that was cut down to accommodate one 14500 (about the size of a AA) it used the XML t6 at around 2.5 amps. Sucker put out around 600 lumens with a TIR lenses that made a nice tight beam. Friggin thing would get got though.

If you were referring to mine as in the r5 a3 being brighter.. You have to take into account it's running a 14500. So, that's 3.7 volts.