• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A different experience with an online purchase...

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
I've heard a lot of horror stories about buying "Custom" rifles online from popular auction sites. I just want to share my story. This is gonna get wordy... A few months ago I saw a rifle online that looked interesting. It was supposedly made by a company called "Accra-Liance Sniper Systems". I had never heard of them. Couldn't find anything online about them either. It had a heavy Hart barrel, Leupold 10X scope, Chet Brown stock, Sako-style extractor, floated, Pelican style Browning case, yada, yada. Seemed like a good deal so I bid the opening bid. Well, I won it. When it arrived I took it apart to inspect it. It appeared to be unfired. The face of the bolt was clean and still coated with whatever black coating was on the bolt. I only removed it from the stock. Left the scope alone. I took it to the range and was disappointed by its performance. MOA+. I removed the foam from the case and discovered paperwork underneath. Ah ha! Maybe this will give me a clue. Here's basically what was on the paperwork:

- check and correct run out on receiver face and bolt face
- install Sako style extractor
- lap bolt lugs
- polish cocking piece sear
- replace trigger guard screws with precision Allen head screws
- re-drill and re-tap scope base screws to 8/40
- replace factory trigger with Shilen trigger
- precision fit and oil harden 4140 spring stock pins to the receiver for perfect fit with no movement.
- replace factory barrel lug with over-sized and precision ground Shilen Recoil lug
- hart Stainless steel match grade 1:12" barrel. 24.25 inches.
- double stepped sniper crown
- straight taper #6 at 24" will be .750"+
- Obermeyr chamber for match grade ammunition
- Chet brown precision fiberglass varminter model stock w/ adjustable LOP.
- bedded receiver and free floated barrel
- 1" pachmyer decelerator pad.

Turns out whoever built this did a pretty damn good job! I found out the reason it was MOA+ was because the front scope base was loose! I tightened and loc-tited it and this rifle shoots better than any other rifle I own.

... And that Obermeyr Chamber? Holy shit! I can drop fired brass into a case gauge and it fits like it was new! Just too loose at the neck to hold a projectile. I almost don't have to do anything to it when I reload!!!

I think I got really lucky but probably won't do that again!

Re: A different experience with an online purchase...

The word "<span style="color: #FF0000">sniper</span>" in the name of any manufacturer always turns me off.

It's actually refreshing to hear something positive :) kinda restores your faith in humanity...congratulations on your new rifle you lucky bugger:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikeylikesit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The word "<span style="color: #FF0000">sniper</span>" in the name of any manufacturer always turns me off. </div></div>
Agreed... And had I known that word was used in the maker's name I might have not bid on it. I'm glad I did though. I should clarify that I didnt know the maker's entire name until I found the paperwork. The ad only stated "Accra-liance". Another thing, this rifle was built way back in 1993! May have been less taboo back then. I don't recall.

I'll post some pics ASAP.

Mikelikesit, haha that's funny :) you don't like the word sniper in a manufacture yet your on "snipershide" website :) haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bushido2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mikelikesit, haha that's funny :) you don't like the word sniper in a manufacture yet your on "snipershide" website :) haha </div></div>

Keyword "Manufacturer" Ha, but that also crossed my mind after I posted that.
grin.gif

I understand how you feel about the word "sniper" though...it should be reserved for those who have earned it....Oneshot. Nice looking rifle !

I'm confused...
You thought you were buying a Shilen barrel, but it came with a Hart barrel?

sometime u get lucky good to hear if u find out more on the manufacturer let us know

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wannashootit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm confused...
You thought you were buying a Shilen barrel, but it came with a Hart barrel? </div></div>
My bad... I meant to put Hart there in the first paragraph. There were other parts that were Shilen so I got carried away.

It's fixed...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muttt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't get the thinking behind the 2 step crown .... anyone??

</div></div>
It's for snipers. Seriously though, nice buy.