• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A drive through Montana

Seventy 1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2007
Canada
I just thought I would take a second to mention a road trip my wife and I took last year through the beautiful state of Montana. I now live in Saskatchewan but my home is on the East coast, Atlantic provinces to be specific, next to Maine. Any chance I get to see more of North America I'm glad to venture out. Montana is awesome and decorated with warm and charming people. I soon hope to pay a visit to Idaho and the Dakotas. While on the trip, we visited Missoula, Anaconda, Butte and Great Falls. I enjoyed every minute and my thoughts would go out to your country as a whole. We Canadians are surely blessed to have you as our neighbors. In these current troubling times I hope the best for America and that she would find her way from the roots she was founded on. Thanks for great memories (eh!).

Re: A drive through Montana

I just had a trip up into BC for some skiing in the Revelstoke area. I had a very similar experience. We too are lucky to have such a great neighbor.

Montana is awesome country. So is Wyoming and South Dakota. These places STILL are the way America is supposed to be.

The Grand Tetons is the stuff they use to make postcards.

Just to throw my hat into this ring, I was born in Vancouver, but lived most of my life all over B.C. Now (and again) living in Winnipeg.

The few forays that I've had the chance to venture into the US, ie tour the Boeing Plant in Everett Wash; tour the countryside of Deadwood and Sturgis SD; or take part in the festivities of Princeton MN; we've always had a great time. Our main goal though, is to cruise down the Eastern Seaboard and experience a few important areas, then spend time in the South'east' followed by return cruise up through the middle.

For all we've heard, learned, and chatted about.... there's still hope yet.

There's some 'West' areas we want to see, but that trip will be 'Phase two'. As soon as the west's main export is Bourbon, they'll get bumped up in priority.
wink.gif

When my wife went to college in Georgia she had someone say "Oh Montana, isn't that in the southern part of Canada?"

The times I have visited Alberta and Saskatchewan have been enjoyable and the people were great.

During one of my visits I had a local tell me that Canadians are the same as disarmed Americans with free health care. I got a chuckle out of that.
smile.gif

You ENJOYED Butte? Do they not have Toxic Waste, the Irish, or three armed mutants where you're from?
Glad you had a good time.

Lived an hour south of Billings near Custer battlefield during a residency. That is what I would consider the ugliest part of Montana...pretty much one big cow pasture. Still loved it and parts of that state into Idaho and towards Yellowstone are breathtaking. I spent every free minute and dollar putting gas in my old Toyota truck so I could see and hunt/fish as much of it as I could during my time there. That little 22RE 4 banger barely made it over Beartooth pass.

I'd love to get a place to eventually retire in the Kalispell/Whitefish area. The GF isn't too hip on snow...