• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing A few doe a few bucks and some good friends

strictlyRUM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2006
Redmond Oregon
I took a trip to Montana to hang out with a couple real friends. Ended up with five filled tags and only one left empty. All kills I got on film. Pretty cool. All the cows seemed to be on private property but we saw over 400 elk 300 plus deer in about 4 full days. Four points were the norm. The only stroker bucks we saw were also on private. The ranch that we were going to hunt closed to muledeer bucks because the landowner said he wasnt seeing enough 30 inchers. So we had to try and find some new hunting digs. We did see around 40 good bucks and some of the biggest bulls in my wildlife viewing carreer. Probably 4 bulls over 350. I kept leaving the camera cause I couldnt get the binos off my eyes. Sorry. If we only had a bull tag? Well here are some pics.

The first buck of the trip. We put about a mile stalk on him. He ended up closing the last 300 yards for us. 250 yard shot. We liked this one because it was a lage 3 which you dont see to often over there. Plus he had a cow tag in his pocket burning away. Custom 300 win mag.
09muley3.jpg

09muley8.jpg

The second buck of the trip. Knowing that the weekend was coming and more traffic we opted to shoot another so-so buck. Last year was great with two 160 plus bucks taken. This year it was hard to find 140ish. That is what happens when you wait till the last weekend when the rut is winding down. Shot with a custom 338 ultra mag.

007-8.jpg

One of the 3 does that ended up wearing a tag

09muley5.jpg

Mike glassing some country.
09muley.jpg

All in all one of the best trips ever. Great country, good weather, so many animals I got tired of 4 points, Some of the best friends a guy could ask for. Maybe next year I can draw a tag!

Jason

Re: A few doe a few bucks and some good friends

Yes it was and yes I did. I rode the train so it was only 180 bucks and I didnt have tags so they paid for food and stuff in exchange for my packing and spotting services. It was awesome. Good friends are hard to find.

Jason