• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A few pics of some of my vintage rifles.

tofst4u2no

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Davenport, FL
Ok so these arent exactly sniper rifles but I'm quite proud to own them. These belonged to my grandfather and were left to me when he passed away. I have great memories of summer vacations and handling these rifles that were displayed on his wall.

The first one is a Mauser 98K that he brought back from the war. It's all numbers matching but it is unfortunately missing the cleaning rod and bayonet. It's actually a very good shooting rifle he definitely took care of it it's in excellent condition.

IMG_5035.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

The second rifle is my favorite firearm that I own. It's a Springfield M1898 Krag-Jorgensen. I'm not really sure where he acquired this one but it is in really pristine condition. I really dont think I've seen a nicer one anywhere. It's got the smoothest action of any rifle I've ever fired and it's also a very good shooter.

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5024.jpg

Re: A few pics of some of my vintage rifles.

That is by far the nicest wood I've seen on a Krag. Nice rifles!

That K98 is sweet, if you ever chose to sell it (I would not either) BUT IF you did.....I'd surely take good care of that
smile.gif

You can find an original cleaning rod but they are upwards $35-$100 on e-bay and be careful.

The repro cleaning rods are "Very" close but are still repro's...

PS - what is the stamp on top of hte K98 Receiver - BYF, B something?

Very curious!!

Yeah I definitely dont ever plan on selling either of these rifles. Going to keep these in the family.

The Mauser is a BYF-44 so it's not a very rare one or anything.

Great pics - thanks for sharing. Some nice rifles there.

Great looking rifles...I want one of those 98s...

Man that 98 is cherry . l was looking at getting one of these then got hooked on more of a modern rifle . l should have just got the 98 and saved a few grand.

Nice looking rifles, thanks for posting. Looks like your grandfather did a great job in looking after them

If you do decide to sell them (and I don't suppose you ever will, I wouldn't)...can I have second chance on the Mauser after Arcticlight?
wink.gif