• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes A few thoughts on the Burris XTR 624 and Leup ERT

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
I have use a Burris XTR 6x24x50 B-MilDot for a few months now and it is not a bad scope. The glass is relatively clear and the adjustments seem to be spot on. But......

I just got my Leupold Mark 4 6.5x20x50 ERT FFP Mil Dot in the mail and it is an awesome scope.

The Burris is much larger and heavier, the glass is not as clear, but for its price its still pretty good.

The Burris' eyepiece rotates for magnification which is pretty annoying, especially when using Flip up scope covers.

The Adjustments on the Leupold are more positive and it has a much sleeker design.

Also the Leupold flows through the power range much smoother than the Burris, the XTR almost does not want to make it to the 24th power.

So my conclusion is that the $1700 Mark 4 Leupold is a better scope than the $900 Burris....lol

The XTR is still a pretty good scope and will probably serve on a bunch of different hosts, but the Leupold will have its place on the new build. Trued Rem 700, Manners MST-4, Krieger Heavy Palma chambered .308 1-12". Badger M5 bottom metal.

DSC03623.jpg

DSC03624.jpg

DSC03624.jpg

Re: A few thoughts on the Burris XTR 624 and Leup ERT

Does the new Mark 4 ER/T come with Butler Creek flip ups of some sort?

thanks for the write up. placed my order today for one.