• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

a few upgrades

villhelm

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
oregon
Hey im a new Lr shooter trying to setup a new rifle I do alot of shooting out to 500yards with my hunting rifles but want to do someething more, i have a remington 700sps short action 308 that i got from a budyi want to upgrade it a little (trigger,stock,a detachable magazine assembly) what do you guys think about these parts for the job:
*H-S Precision Trigger Guard and Detachable Magazine Assembly Remington 700 w/Hinged Floorplate Short Action 308 Winchester 10-Round Stainless Steel
*Bell and Carlson Medalist Light Tactical Stock Remington 700 BDL Short Action with Aluminum Bedding Block System Varmint Barrel Channel Synthetic Black
*Jewell Trigger Remington 700, 40X with Safety 1-1/2 oz to 3 lb Stainless Steel
im also open to any other upgrades you guys can think of that will help me out,
im going to top this rilfe with a bushnell 4200 elite 6-24x50 probably going to use
*EGW 1-Piece Heavy Duty Picatinny-Style 20 MOA Elevated Base Remington 700 Short Action
the egw rail for my base not sure what rings lemme know what you think

Re: a few upgrades

then its a pretty straight foward thing....i would look around this site a little, and see what catches your eye as far as upgrades go......you might want to look at the for sale section down at the bottom and see if you can find a stock that already has a bottom metal installed, could save you some $$$....

bench

sorry for my ignorance but i would rather ask questions and look stupid then not ask question and be stupid
smile.gif

the detachable mag system.......most stocks have to be inleted in order to use the mag system.....if you could find a good used stock with that already done it would save you a good deal of time and money...

bench

yea i read the 19 reviews on midway about this detachable mag system most people did it in less then a hour and for alot it fit right in and only required some sanding doesnt seem like to big of an issue i'll probably do this upgrade last tho..