• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing A few words to say about RWS Gunsmithing.....

81sfo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2008
    USA HOU TX
    I sent a new rem700 308 action and a new 27" Rock 5r barrel ,1-12 twist to RWS Gunsmithing a few months ago and requested he tru the action and do his majic on the barrel to chamber it,cut it to 20" and crown it.I later sent Mr Snyder a pm to please install an oversize bolt knob also.Well UPS arrived to drop a box off today and this is what i got..............

***RWS Gunsmithing put together the barreled action only**I had the new stock,scope ,rings and base.I put it together once the barreld action arrived.

remxm.jpg

remxm2.jpg

remxm8.jpg

remxm5.jpg

remxm4-1.jpg

remxm3.jpg

remxm6.jpg

I was very pleased with the results so far and will be shooting real soon.I will be supporting more Hide Gunsmiths just because ive had great work done by guys here that there is no need to go any place else.I had the new A1-3 stock just sitting,which came staight from JW Precision<thanks John> and im waiting on a NSX 3.5-15x50 coming from Euro Optics should arrive next week.
    My next stop will be GAP for rebarrel work on my DPMS Sass 308....

Re: A few words to say about RWS Gunsmithing.....

Looks good, my buddy just got a McM A1-3 that I have been playing with. Its a pretty nice looking stock and its pretty light. Looks like it should be a good shooter, make sure you update us with a range report!!!

Will do the range report real soon. This style stock is great on 22" or 20" barrels, very handy to carry around, its sniper fill but its still not too heavy.

I have received two rifle from Robert in the past two weeks. top notch rifles!! I have shot the 243AI and am having good accuracy while fire forming. I havent shot the 6.5 creedmoor yet but i will this weekend. Lee

I am down in oklahoma today shooting some long range steel with some good friends of mine! The 6.5 creedmoor was shooting very good today! I am still braking in the barrel but it looks real promising!! I will try to get some pics of the rifles this afternoon when we come back in. Gota go the steel is calling my name!! Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have received two rifle from Robert in the past two weeks. Not notch rifles!! I have shot the 243AI and am having good accuracy while fire forming. I havent shot the 6.5 creedmoor yet but i will this weekend. Lee</div></div>
    throw some pics in here, there are some hiders that are wondering about his work and need to hear more about the smiths here.keep it coming.

i will post some pics when i get home from a short shooting trip. I will see if one of my pards has a camera. if so i will post some tomorrow. Lee

Gona stay up late tonite.Im taking the rifle apart from the stock and opening the barrel channel a bit,since its barely clearing the barrel contour.I know once the barrel heats up it will touch the stock,so i better open it up a little to avoid problems latter.
    I will also load up 15- 175smks with 43grns of varget,15- 175smks with 43.5 v, and another 15- with 44grns of varget.At about 2.805 oal for now and well see how she does Saturday.
    By Sunday evening i hope to have the stock ready for bagder pillars and Marine Tex bedding compound.Duracote to follow up as soon as shes printing good groups.

Nice looking rifle.

I'm going to be sending some more business his way in a few weeks. Going for a lighter weight hunter to carry around in the woods back home. Just need to gather a couple more parts and get back in touch with him to finalize everything.

CHRIS

Now I am really pumped. Robert said mine should be ready next week! Talk about a kid awaiting Christmas morning
    laugh.gif

RobG you will be a happy camper,no doubt!
    I stayed up till 3am last nite and bedded the rifle w badger pillars and marine tex.I just couldnt wait for daylight.
    Just 30 mins ago i got to shoot it at 100yds,not expecting much ,i was just gona zero the mk4.Little did i know when i shot 5 rounds of some old Hornady 168bthp i had lying around,all shots touching without much effort!
    Freakin rain and lightning caused the range to close and i coulnt retrive my target.
    I also shot 15 rounds i loaded last nite of 175smks 43 varget, hornady match brass,at 2.805 oal. it wasnt as tight group as the factory ammo printed but ill up the charge some on the next reloads.
    This rifle shoots real tight, no doubt.I hope it doesnt rain tomorrow so it can shoot her at 300yds.

I recently built a .308 on a Remington 700 Receiver that RWS had previously trued. The receiver truing work looked very good and clean. I'm sure the rest of his rifle work is first class.

Yes his work is first class,I saw pics of another hide members targets from a barreld action Robert trued and chambered.It was about ten diffrent shot groups and they all had 5 rounds fired and touching at 200yds.308.RWS is definetly doing it right.

BTW William, i managed to squeeze out a real good group from the barreld action you fixed for me<m40a3>.I shot a 4.5" 5 shot group at 600yds with 155 scenars,46.5 V,210m,Nosler brass,3.214 Ogive.My personal best so far.thanks.

I just had my DPMS SASS rebarreled by GAP. I got a Barlein 1:11.25. I never really asked when I would get it back but I had it within two weeks. I was totally surprised by that one. I went with a 20" barrel vice going back to a 18". I went out and shot it last weekend. The zero was just a little off from the first barrel (I was surprised at that) and once I got it on target I shot some groups. It is still in the break-in period but I can say that it has reduced recoil going to a heavier barrel. GAP does great work!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just had my DPMS SASS rebarreled by GAP. I got a Barlein 1:11.25. I never really asked when I would get it back but I had it within two weeks. I was totally surprised by that one. I went with a 20" barrel vice going back to a 18". I went out and shot it last weekend. The zero was just a little off from the first barrel (I was surprised at that) and once I got it on target I shot some groups. It is still in the break-in period but I can say that it has reduced recoil going to a heavier barrel. GAP does great work!!! </div></div>

What does this have to do with RWS, that is great you got a new barrel done by GAP but the thread is about RWS and his work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW William, i managed to squeeze out a real good group from the barreld action you fixed for me<m40a3>.I shot a 4.5" 5 shot group at 600yds with 155 scenars,46.5 V,210m,Nosler brass,3.214 Ogive.My personal best so far.thanks. </div></div>

Thats great Jose. I'm glad it's working out for you. Good luck to you with your other rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 81sfo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW William, i managed to squeeze out a real good group from the barreld action you fixed for me<m40a3>.I shot a 4.5" 5 shot group at 600yds with 155 scenars,46.5 V,210m,Nosler brass,3.214 Ogive.My personal best so far.thanks. </div></div>

Thats great Jose. I'm glad it's working out for you. Good luck to you with your other rifles.</div></div>

William, ill be contacting you soon when i finish clip sloting my m40a1 ,so you can throw some one your special Cera cote mix on it.The m40a3 is holding up like new!thanks.

Got to shoot this bad boy today at 300 yards. Man, I am in love. Not only does it shoot lights out. It's probably one of the most comfortable rifles I have ever shot too. RWS does some awesome work! I wouldn't be hesitant to send Robert any work to do.

I opened up the barrel channel a bit just to be on the safe side,i took some material from where the action sits to give some room for the bedding compound.
    remxm-1.jpg

remxm2-1.jpg

Made some room for the Badger pillars and used Devcon 5 minute epoxy to glue them in,before applying Marine Tex.
    remxm3-1.jpg

remxm4.jpg

remxm10.jpg

remxm11.jpg

remxm5-1.jpg

remxm6-1.jpg

Waiting for marine tex to cure to pop the action out from the stock and clean up the edges with a small file.
    remxm7.jpg

At the 300 yds line,beautiful 45 dergee day with a little mirage and 3-5 mph crosswinds.
    xmrem1.jpg

url]

300 yds 10 shots 178 amax,44 varget,210 primers,3.214 ogive,vigin nosler comp brass.
    url]

300yds 10 shots 190smks, 44v,210m primer,3.214 ogive,nosler brass.
    url]

300 yds 168grn Blackhills match
    url]

Im not a great shooter as ya can see but i know the rifle is.Im going to keep tweaking the loads and find the best one.

Here is a pic of one of my RWS rifles!! This one is a 6.5 creedmoor. My other is a 243AI. I will post a pic of the 243AI when i get the bolt knob back. Enjoy!! Lee
    \
    gp-100aics002.jpg

i have my RWS .223 AI in an AICS 2.0, too

100_1097Large.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a pic of one of my RWS rifles!! This one is a 6.5 creedmoor. My other is a 243AI. I will post a pic of the 243AI when i get the bolt knob back. Enjoy!! Lee
    \
    gp-100aics002.jpg
    </div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1sikpupi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have my RWS .223 AI in an AICS 2.0, too

100_1097Large.jpg
    </div></div>

Those are some fine looking rifles man!congrats.how do they print on paper?

i've hit eggs at 500 meters with mine. it is the most accurate rifle (to the limits of the cartridge) that i own right now.

but it is easily a .5 moa rifle, as much as i hate to use that worn-out term.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1sikpupi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i've hit eggs at 500 meters with mine. it is the most accurate rifle (to the limits of the cartridge) that i own right now.

but it is easily a .5 moa rifle, as much as i hate to use that worn-out term.</div></div>
    nice, thats pretty impressive!

I sent RWS an email last week, how long has it taken for you guys to get a response?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent RWS an email last week, how long has it taken for you guys to get a response?

</div></div>
    It took him about less than a week to get a reply, pm him here too.

Here is a pic of my Snyder 243AI before i sent the bolt to AZ Precision. Enjoy! Lee

snyder035.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prom93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is my RWS build,the stock work was done by me.
    [
    DSC04970.jpg

DSC04969.jpg

DSC04967.jpg

DSC04964.jpg

DSC04170.jpg
    ]</div></div>

prom93 nice rifle ,what are the spec on it?

Rem 700 SA
    Receiver face and bolt trued
    Brux barrel SS, MTU contour,1-11 twist cut to 24"
    Vias brake
    trigger factory x-pro
    308 match chamber for 168 ammo
    Mcmillan A2
    Botton metal BO M4
    Near rail
    So far i have 35 rounds in 168,155,175 and shoots everything at 100yards the group size are three tenths of an inch.
    Hateca bolt