• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A friend and co-worker killed himself, please help me help others.

clcustom1911

Muppet Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2017
    The River in Arizona
    This was already posted by another member, but I'm doing it now.

My buddy, Brian, killed himself because of assorted personal stresses. He was a really solid dude and the kind of guy you really cherish on your team. He left behind two children and an ex-wife. He was truly a great guy, and I can't even begin to imagine the amount of stresses which caused him to made this decision.

I humbly ask for your assistance by donating to this Go Fund me:

From the GFM page:

"Speaking on behalf as an employee, a coworker, and even more importantly as a fellow parent and father who has raised children.

Brian was a US Army veteran, in law enforcement, and a Designated Defensive Marksman on Task Order 4 supporting the Diplomatic Security Service at the US Embassy in Baghdad Iraq. More significantly he was a father to two wonderful children. Brian was a guy who would, as one coworker put it . . . “give the shirt off his back if you needed it”.

The untimely and shocking passing of Brian Arias has left more than his absence as a coworker and friend, it has left 2 daughters, Irelynn and Evelynn, without their father. There is nothing in this world that can ever replace the love of a father for his children. There are truly no words that can or will ever be sufficient in describing the devastating effects a son or daughter will have on the loss of any parent. Those of us who are still raising children or those who have grown kids know, age does not matter, you will always want your children to be well provided for."

I know times are tough, and tougher on some more than others. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

God bless you and your co-workers and their families.

These things happen and blaming yourselves will not help. Trust me.

In 1987, my mother shot herself a few times with a gun I bought her for self-protection. A few days on life support and my brother had to make the decision to pull the plug.

I got the gun back from the police when they were done.

In 1987, my first wife used the same gun to kill herself.

That time, the police kept the gun, which was fine with me, at the time.

And it took some time to deal with that and keep on living.

And no, I do not think we need to get rid of guns. My bad luck does not equal taking away the rights we all are endowed with.

Neither one left a note. And you could say, "I should have seen this," or "I should have said that."

In a way, you are not that "important." So, the best thing you can do is find someone to talk to. I did and it helped a lot.

It also helped renew my faith. We do survive after our death, trust me.

Never easy. Sorry for your loss and for his family. Y’all are in my prayers.

Reactions: JR_77
    :(

There's been a couple of the guys from my unit that have killed themselves over the last 15 years. One because his wife was divorcing him and he couldn't stand the thought of losing his kids. :( :(

Done…sorry for your loss & prayers to the family.

As one with more experience in this matter than you can possibly understand.

Let it go.
    Quit dragging it out and making everyone miserable for a longer duration of time.
    If you don't understand this now....you will the next time, and it will happen again.
    It's like those people with the rear window sticker "In memory of (insert name, age, and date).
    If that sticker wasn't there they wouldn't have to think about a loss every time they got in the vehicle.

It should be a no brainer, but it's not.