• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

a friends new 7wsm

300sniper

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2005
Greenwood, Ca
here is a 7wsm i helped a friend with.

specs:

stiller tac30 action
stiller 20 moa base
stiller .300" recoil lug
broughton 7.8 contour, 9 twist barrel finished at 28.25"
mcm a5 stock
mk4 4.5-14 scope
badger rings
timney trigger
barrel finished in flat black norell's moly-resin. the action is finished from stiller.

the barrel is threaded and stepped down for a muzzle brake i have in the works.

7wsm3.jpg

7wsm4.jpg

7wsm5.jpg

7wsm6.jpg

by the looks of the pictures he sent me, maybe he should have invested in a lawn mower before the rifle, not that i have much room to talk
grin.gif

Re: a friends new 7wsm

looks good whats up with the cheekpiece in the first couple of pics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks good whats up with the cheekpiece in the first couple of pics? </div></div>

that's were his big goofy head was comfortable i guess.

well it <span style="font-style: italic">is</span> adjustable and that is what he found comfortable. i am not going to tell him what he should find comfortable. he may change it when he starts shooting it but that is up to him.

Good looking rifle. Maybe your buddy is not cutting the grass so he can perfect his sniper stalking skills with that new rifle.

I wonder the same thing with the adjustable cheek piece.

Looks like the thumb wheel is missing from that adjustable hardware.

Is that set up for a FTE? If so, how much trouble would it be for you to spin up a couple more of the thread protectors? TIA.

7wsmbarrel1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the thumb wheel is missing from that adjustable hardware. </div></div>
Good eye on that sir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the thumb wheel is missing from that adjustable hardware. </div></div>

since he needs to move the cheek piece to remove the bolt, we decided to make a spacer for it so it sits at the correct height. it will just be held in with the set screws like the cheek piece on an aics. that thumb wheel was kind of slow when you needed to remove the bolt and then get it back to the correct height.