• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A fun rifle pairing I have

AManWearingAHat

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2019
Just a pair of cool rifles I thought the membership here would appreciate. I first got into precision shooting in College as part of our collegiate rifle team where I competed in 3 Position small bore and 10m air gun quite successfully. After graduation, my interest and free time for the sport waned a bit as I was moving frequently. I've returned to target rifles with a vengeance lately and now have what I consider to be a perfect pairing for my interest.

Foreground rifle is an Anschutz 1613 action sitting in the 1813 stock, originally made for the US Olympic team for the 1980 Olympics and then sold after the boycott (per the previous owner's story who certainly had to shooting cred to be believed). Background is a Remington 700 in .243 set in an 1813 stock. Originally a Swiss ISS 300m free rifle, I now use it as a mid-range prone rifle. Purchased off a former US Forces shooting team member.

The adjustments between the two are pretty much exactly the same. Both are excellent shooters and give me the ability to punch ten rings from 25m - 600m. I couldn't have been happier to pair these two rifles together, the only downside is its hard to justify taking anything else out of the safe anymore!

Attachments

• Target Rifles.JPG
    Target Rifles.JPG
    373.5 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I am the builder of the Remington 700 Free Rifle.

No kidding! My utmost compliments to you sir.

Edit : Looking back, I believe I bought this rifle directly from you. Do you have the same username on TargetTalk? Small world...

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate
How could I?

The labeled target is from a 100 yard prone session for load development, please excuse the flyers and insert your favorite excuse for them :ROFLMAO: Ill hopefully get some 200 yard or 300 yard scores up soon!

The other 3 are three 50 yard prone targets from the Annie. For those that are interested I shoot Eley Tenex and Eley Match out of the Annie. I have not noticed a huge difference in score between the two, probably because I'm not an Olympian. But, the red boxes make me focus more because it's expensive stuff!

Attachments

• .243, H4350, 40.5gn (all shots).jpg
    .243, H4350, 40.5gn (all shots).jpg
    536.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Ann.01.jpg
    Ann.01.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Ann.07.jpg
    Ann.07.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Ann.Prone..12.jpg
    Ann.Prone..12.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 21
How could I?

The labeled target is from a 100 yard prone session for load development, please excuse the flyers and insert your favorite excuse for them :ROFLMAO: Ill hopefully get some 200 yard or 300 yard scores up soon!

The other 3 are three 50 yard prone targets from the Annie. For those that are interested I shoot Eley Tenex and Eley Match out of the Annie. I have not noticed a huge difference in score between the two, probably because I'm not an Olympian. But, the red boxes make me focus more because it's expensive stuff!
That's some hard holding

Thank you. I have a background in Olympic Smallbore so a solid prone position is pretty well beat into me.