• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s a generation of self-entitled people keep knocking

Penguin156

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2011
Wisconsin
Knock after knock today, I keep answering the door, always expecting to find a friend, family member or at least a person of importance wishing to communicate with me, but to no prevail it is always the same thing. An entire generation of them. They walk around trying to make you bend to their will and give them things. They want you to spend your hard earned money on them even though they have done absolutely nothing to deserve it! They don't have jobs and most of them aren't very educated, yet they keep asking for more and more from me. Most of these cowards aren't even brave enough to show their face or claim their true identity when they come to my door demanding things of me. Always wanting tricks or treats of some sort. I have no candy for you children. Serve 4 years in the Marine Corps infantry, only then might I see it more deserving for me to buy a snack sized candy bar with my hard earned money.

Re: a generation of self-entitled people keep knocking

Geeezzzz, Bear !!!

Iffen she was about 18, in a thong bikini, I'd be willin to bet you'd give up a Tootsie-Roll!

I am not sure on this but i bet you drive a Buick La Saber mid 90's model?

haha..damn..those little bastards are hitting you up early this year

an 8541 friend of mine years ago got all ghillied up and hid in his bushes with blanks. when the kids came sneaking though his back yard he fired one off when they were about 30 feet from him. As it so happens it scared one boy so bad he passed out and pissed himself. Of course the first thing said friend did was start freaking out and thinking he had a live round in. Thought he shot him. Anyway, kid woke up about 30 seconds later. Buddy was shaking him and flipping out. When the kid woke up he said "Please don't tell my dad we were messing around in your yard". Being the man he is he agreed that they could just let it go lol. Two things always strike me when i think about this nowadays. One, he was an idiot for doing that. He had his moments. Second was that the kid was amazing and took responsibility for the trespass. Nowadays it would have been police and lawyers all around that house before sunup.

well, thats funny, I drive around in a red van trying to give out free candy....but I never get any takers

Its all about the kids. Didnt you have a fun time trick or treating when you were a kid? I did. Now I enjoy hitting off the neighborhood kids with treats. I kinda expected a better attitude from a fellow Marine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mackdrvr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its all about the kids. Didnt you have a fun time trick or treating when you were a kid? I did. Now I enjoy hitting off the neighborhood kids with treats. I kinda expected a better attitude from a fellow Marine. </div></div>

I'm pretty sure he was joking... This is Maggies Drawers after all!

I always thought there was a difference between Halloween and everyday solicitation.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z7X2_V60YK8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z7X2_V60YK8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Friend of mine e-mailed me on Nov 1 w. a story that belongs here w. the 'self-entitled' part of this.

He lives in suburb of Boston and one of the half-wit little troglodites who knocked on the door actually had the nerve to refuse the mini-Snickers he was handing out... and ask for "Something with no chocolate and nut free."

The kid got a baggie full of cat treats.

Yes, Halloween is for the kids and always a fun time. But really... if you have to live a gluten-free, carob-based, nut-allergic lifestyle, maybe you should just stay home and watch Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin reruns. Oh, sorry, that classic cartoon was labeled as promoting bullying...

%$##@@Y&%....

Cheers,

Sirhr

"The kid got a baggie full of cat treats" my wife and i are still laughing about that..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The kid got a baggie full of cat treats.

Sirhr</div></div> Instant Classic. Hang that one on THE WALL!!!

grin.gif
cool.gif
grin.gif

They are victims of the vote pump...
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u24nH03NccI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u24nH03NccI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>