• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A.I.C.S. for savage?

chadg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
foothills of the ozarks.
Has anyone heard anything about this stock?If they are ever going to make one and what bolt spacing it will fit....
Alberta tactical was making one for savage with both bolt patterns for short action.(4.275 4.400)BUT DUE TO ISSUES they made them stop....I say if A.I.isnt up for the job let someone make them that can and will....WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM? Why dont you two sit down(alberta tactical...aics)and work something out so us savage shooters can have some aics love also......
I know,i know buy a remington.Well truthfully i like my savage and dont really care to buy a remington due to the fact that that my savage shoots as well or better than most remmys i have owned or shot......
Rant off..........467 out......

Re: A.I.C.S. for savage?

its been a year since they showed one at SHOT. still none to be had. look at the ACME mag conversion that SSS sells. they could mill the action holes just a bit oblong and accommadate the two action screw spacings easily or use an offset like the ACME. as for the new bolt release, screw that. just make it for the 4.40" side bolt release 10fcp action and screw everything else and let everybody adapt their savage to that model in order to fit the aics. boom. done. right?

you know they just moved the bolt release because people whined about having to push it down, pull the trigger and remove the bolt, ooooh how challenging, lol

I saw a savage AICS stock for sale on calguns a couple months ago. It looked alright to me. I would get one.

You sure it was an AICS? There was a company building a chassis to fit Savage that just used AICS skins. I don't think they are around anymore though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snipedogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You sure it was an AICS? There was a company building a chassis to fit Savage that just used AICS skins. I don't think they are around anymore though </div></div>

Yes there was it is in my rant about aics.....Alberta tactical is the name of the place....

Did you try using the SH Google Search? (if no, click my sig)

I bet sooner or later that they will get it down and start producing it. But i am curious why it seems everyone wants an AICS chassis for their bolt guns? Is it like the AR-15 fad? They look very hideous to me, from what i've read they're very heavy, and if it's just two plastic "skins" or molds screwed down to the actual chassis and somehow thats worth 800 big ones (may be wrong on the price). I would much rather have a McMillan or Manners stock if it were me. But i guess that's just one man's opinion. I just don't get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you try using the SH Google Search? (if no, click my sig)

I bet sooner or later that they will get it down and start producing it. But i am curious why it seems everyone wants an AICS chassis for their bolt guns? Is it like the AR-15 fad? They look very hideous to me, from what i've read they're very heavy, and if it's just two plastic "skins" or molds screwed down to the actual chassis and somehow thats worth 800 big ones (may be wrong on the price). I would much rather have a McMillan or Manners stock if it were me. But i guess that's just one man's opinion. I just don't get it. </div></div>

Cmon bro you think i dont know about the search function......
As far as the chassis goes i just want to be tacticool.......And lets see no bedding required,you can change skins for different enviorments painted to your choice of patterns.But hey thats just me.I dont know about where you live at but here where i live we have 4 different seasons.I dont own any safe queens so if i had a aics chassis i could paint a set of skins for each season.....But hey that is just me......Do you get it now??????

Makes sense for you i guess. I have four seasons here in AZ but it's realy much closer to two sadly...

Oh and sorry about the search function question, 'twas just in an attempt to help.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Makes sense for you i guess. I have four seasons here in AZ but it's realy much closer to two sadly...

Oh and sorry about the search function question, 'twas just in an attempt to help.
smile.gif
</div></div>

No worries bro....And sorry if i sounded like a horses ass....

No offense taken, back on topic though
wink.gif

Would it be too difficult to modify an AICS to fit your Savage? Or if you know a machinist that could mill the actual chassis for you and just bolt up some skins to it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No offense taken, back on topic though
wink.gif

Would it be too difficult to modify an AICS to fit your Savage? Or if you know a machinist that could mill the actual chassis for you and just bolt up some skins to it? </div></div>

I dont know that would proably be pretty difficult...

Tag! Also been waiting for this to come out for well over a year since those tease picks from SHOT last year. Couldn't wait for my .233 stevens build and purchased a Choate with CDI BM. But I still have a .260 Savage that needs furniture so hurry the hell up.