• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

a little help for a .243

gumball

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2008
wv
Hey guys
im getting ready for a hog hunt down in SC and im going to take the 243. im thinking of using the 95 gr nosler partition what would be a good load for that ive got some 4350 powder that i got for it but for the life of me i cant find the data i did not think that i was getting that old lol

Re: a little help for a .243

100gr Sierra BT with 36gr of Varget.

100gr Sierra BT with 41.5gr of IMR-4350.

Either works great in both my 243s.

what about the 95 grain partition though i got some coming

With the 95 Partitions, start at 41gr of IMR-4350 and work up in 0.5gr increments. You should max out around 43.5 gr. If you dont find good accuracy keep the 95s and try Varget powder. Also seat your bullets long. I use 2.725"

thanks
i got some 90 grain ballistic tips as well but i think ill take the 95 partition on the hog hunt just trying to get the load worked up for the rifle i tryed some 85 grain smk and it did not like them much i found a good load on here somewhere and my dumb *** forgot to print it out now i cant find it and the search did not lead to much

lol
it took some digging but i found it one of my old posts one of those posts that started in one topic and ended in another one lol roscoe helped me out there it looks like he was shooting about 43 grains and having good luck with it